Production Shift Manager at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
Posted on: 1 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Pharmaceuticals
View All Jobs at GlaxoSmithKline
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world's leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa's largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Requisition ID: WD99017
Relocation: Not Indicated
- To provide overall direction to production scheduling, dispensing, manufacturing and packaging team in a Value stream concept in OTC factory.
- To be responsible for the effective management of all activities/functions related to production process/equipment validation, production equipment calibration and new process installation and transfer.
- To maintain good labour/industrial relations within the production function.
- Plan, organize and monitor all aspect of production of medicine including manufacturing and packaging to meet monthly / annual supply plans, budgets, safety standards and acceptable quality.
- Ensure the generation and effective treatment of Picklist, Batch records and Work Orders.
- Control product cost through effective labour utilization and pragmatic equipment and facilities management.
- Supervise the disposal of all controlled substance / drugs in line with existing regulations.
- Actively participate in all production activities involved in New Product Introduction, New Packaging Material Development and New Process Installation.
- Coordinate all Manufacturing and Packaging Process / Equipment Validation in accordance with Validation Master Plan. This includes data generation, collation and logical interpretation.
- Ensure timely calibration of all Production equipment and ensure appropriate actions are taken on out of order equipment.
- Provide effective technical training to all production personnel on technical aspects of manufacturing and GMP.
- Regularly review and/or update SOPs to reflect current practices within the production areas.
- Support and ensure compliance to QMS and EHS policies and standards in order to minimize accidents and quality failures.
- B Pharm
- At least three (3) years experience in a manufacturing industry.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good initiative, drive & confidence in problem solving
- Leadership and team building potential
- Ability to work under pressure
- Computer literate.
Method of Application
Important to Employment businesses/ Agencies:
- GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
- All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK.
- The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK.
- GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Interested and qualified? Go to GlaxoSmithKline career website on careers.peopleclick.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about GlaxoSmithKlineSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Openings at Benjamin Michaels Limited (BM)
- Chief Retail Operations Officer at Health Plus Limited