The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, was established on 1st January, 1988. It has attained a position of eminence in various disciplines such as Agricultural Sciences, Physical Sciences, Biosciences Environmental Sciences, Veterinary Medicine, Engineering and Management Sciences. The University presently has Ten (10) Colleges.
The Position of the Registrar, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), will be vacant with effect from 1st June, 2017. In this regard, and in accordance with the provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Decree No. 11 of 1993 and the Amendment Decree No.25 of 1996, the University wishes to commence the process for the appointment of University Registrar.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Location: Abeokuta, Ogun.
- The University Registrar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative.
- The Candidate shall work and control of the administrative affairs of the University, except as regards matters for which the Bursar is responsible in accordance with Section 6(2) of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Decree No. 11(1993).
- The Registrar is, by virtue of that office, also Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
- The candidate should possess a good Honours Degree in a relevant discipline,obtained from a recognised University.
- Possession of a Higher Degree in a relevant field will be an advantage.
- Candidate must have had not less than fifteen (15) years post-graduation experience, five of which must have been spent as a Deputy Registrar, including relevant administrative experience.
- Candidate must be Information and Communication Technology (ICT) compliant and must command respect and be able to carry colleagues along. Working experience in a University or comparable Institution will be an advantage.
Terms and Condition of Service
- The University Registrar shall hold office for a single term of Five (5) years. The Council may, upon satisfactory performance, extend the tenure of the Registrar for a further period of One (1) year only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the Letter of Appointment.
- Remuneration and other conditions of services are as applicable to the post of Registrar in all Nigerian Federal Universities.
- Fringe benefits include a Pension in consonance with the Contributory Pension Scheme and appropriate allowances as may be approved from time-to- time by the National Salaries, Incomes and Wages Commission (NSIWC).
Method of Application
Applicants are required to submit Thirty (30) copies of their applications and detailed CV's highlighting, among others, the following:
- Name in full
- Date of birth
- Place of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (if any)
- Town and State of Origin
- Local Government
- Senatorial District
- Contact Address
- Educational Background:
- Educational Institutions Attended (With Dates)
- Academic and Professional Qualifications (With dates and Classification)
- Prizes, Honours. National and international Recognitions.
- Working Experience
- Special Assignments/Community Service
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Present Employment, Indicating Present Status and Salary
- Extra-curricula Activities
Candidates must have Three (3) referees, who are to forward references on them, under confidential cover of courier service, directly to the Vice-Chancellor.
All applications should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelopes, marked: "Post of Registrar, FUNAAB" and to reach:
The office of the Vice Chancellor,
Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta,
P. M. B. 2240, Abeokuta,
Note: Only applications from candidates shortlised for the interview will be acknowledged.