Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated non-profit Social Enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to meet the needs of the underserved and dramatically improve access to high quality family planning and other reproductive health services in Nigeria. MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership, which operates in over 42 countries worldwide.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your: ￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation ￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development
To further MSI’s partnership mission of: empowering individuals to have children by choice not chance
Job ID: #1800689
Reporting to: Programme Director
Duration of contract: 2 years (renewable)
Probationary period: 6 months
The PMDUP Project Manager will work closely with the Programme Director in ensuring that MSION PMDUP projects are delivered efficiently and effectively in accordance with donor requirements and MSION broad strategic objectives. Specifically, with guidance of the programme director, the position holder is responsible for overall technical and programmatic implementation, oversight and coordination of MSION PMDUP project. S/he oversees assigned project planning, ensures implementation, with a focus on results, and financial accountability for the projects. S/he works closely with the Field Operations, Technical Services, Quality Technical Assurance and Management and other MSION project managers, to ensure that there is full integration at implementation level within MSION, other donors, implementing partners, and CSOs activities. The MSION PMDUP Manager is responsible for meeting all assigned projects’ technical, financial, and project monitoring obligations, ensuring deliverables, and project results specified and agreed with donors are achieved.
Duties and responsibilities:
Project Management and Operations:
- Under the oversight of the Programme Director, oversee all aspects of MSION PMDUP project implementation including:
- Lead in the drafting, review and implementation of MSION PMDUP work plan
- Lead in the execution of MSION PMDUP project’s activities according to plan and donor guidelines.
- Lead in the development of forms, set up files to ensure that MSION PMDUP information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor progress of MSION PMDUP project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure successful completion of the project
- Ensure MSION PMDUP project activities are implemented on time and within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Lead in writing MSION PMDUP reports, position papers, and updates as required
- In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff and/or volunteers with appropriate skills for the project activities.
- Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation
Work closely with the RME Manager to:
- Prepare and submit regular technical, progress and program monitoring reports to MSION and donors according to schedules and guidelines
- Write reports on MSION PMDUP project for management and for funders and support the preparation of financial reports and project documentation.
- Support MSION’s M&E function in development of plans and operations research that support and measures impact of quality of MSION PMDUP project.
External Relations and liaison
Work with other MSION team to:
- Ensure relationships and networks with stakeholders, and relevant private, public and not-for-profit organizations are created and maintained with a view to strengthening MSION's impact and future funding opportunities
- Liaise with service delivery (Outreach, Clinics and Training teams), sales and social franchise teams and other stakeholders to ensure projects are integrated at all levels.
- Ensure strong links between communication and community mobilization activities, at the systems level.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to:
- Ensure compliance with relevant donor rules and requirements for all projects
- Ensure compliance with MSI policies related to fundraising and project management
- From time to time address delegated duties assigned by the Programme Director and other SMT members.
- Actively contribute to the strategic direction and planning of the organisation
- Any other duty reasonably assigned by line manager
Advanced degree in public health or related discipline required
- Experience in DFiD or other donor funded projects an asset
- Experience in project management
- Experience in Reproductive Health an asset
- Proven excellent project management abilities
- Ability to present and write for multiple audiences
- Ability to work well with others in team environments
- Must be able to satisfy stakeholders
- Should be able to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres
- Strong people management skills
- Strategic guidance and planning skills
Attitude / Motivation:
- Motivated personally and professionally to develop
- Willingness to travel as requested
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to email@example.com . MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.NOTE:
Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.