Head Of Human Resource at MultiChoice
Posted on: 30 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at Multichoice
MultiChoice South Africa's activities involve the operation of Pay-Television and internet subscriber platforms. The MultiChoice South Africa group includes the digital satellite Pay-Television business ("DStv"), which has been in operation since 1995.
The key accountabilities, interfaces and measures of this role are further elaborated below:
- Contribute to the Country business strategy by helping identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes
- Partner with senior and line managers, providing them with expert guidance, coaching and support on the full range of HR activities in order to ensure a consistent and fair approach to people management throughout the Organization .
- Drive & instill performance management culture
- Manage a learning and development culture
- Support and implement Human Resource projects in alignment with Regional strategy
- Effectively managed change processes
- Evaluate company structure, job design, and Staff forecasting in county. Evaluate plans and changes to plans; Makes recommendations to executive management.
- Ensure adequate resourcing for organization's success
- Facilitate Organisation Climate Survey
- Identifies and monitors the organization’s culture in line with MultiChoice Values so that it supports the attainment of the company’s goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Co-ordinate and implement Talent Review and succession planning in-line with corporate guidelines
- Assist in the implementation of the Retention strategy in-line with corporate guidelines.
- Implement and manage companywide Employee Assistance Program
- Assist with Human Resource policy formulation and implementation in alignment with Corporate Human Resource strategy and taking into account in-country factors (e.g. legislation, Human Resource practices).
- Maintain minimal company exposure to lawsuits
- Implement the Reward and Recognition strategy in-line with corporate guidelines
- Monitor all pay practices and systems for effectiveness and cost containment
- Meet deadlines for Human Resource schedules as may be prescribed.
- Effectively manage Human Resources Information System and HR administration
- Monitor and analyse in-country employment data with recommendations for future action
- Manage budget and other resources
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- The incumbent is required to have the following qualifications and experience level:
- Minimum degree in Human Resources, Business Management or other relevant field.
- A postgraduate qualification would be advantageous.
- 5-8 years’ Experience in Human Resources, with 3 years’ Experience at a Senior Leadership level.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- The incumbent should have demonstrated the following competencies:
- Business Acumen
- Understanding of cultural diversity within the business.
- Sound Human Resources Management knowledge
- Understanding of organisational development processes
- Understanding of performance management processes
- Understanding of talent management strategies
- Exposure to Human Resources information systems
- Knowledge of Nigeria Labour legislation
- MCA policies and procedures
- Exposure to training and/or the co-ordination thereof would be an advantage
The incumbent is required to have the following behavioural competencies:
- People Management
- Results Orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Interpersonal Competence.
- Initiative and Drive
The incumbent is required to have the following functional competencies:
- Human Capital Management Acumen
- Expert Knowledge And Application Of Hr Analytics
- Expert Knowledge Of Labour Relations Regulations And Legislation
- In-Depth Understanding Of Strategy Translation Into Operational Plans
- In-Depth Understanding Of Operating Business Models
- Talent Management Acumen
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Multichoice career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about MultichoiceSimilar Jobs
- Sports Presenters at Winning Blue Communications
- Digital Technical Producer - Igbo at the BBC World Service
- Sales Manager, West Africa (Satellite & Broadcasting) at eRecruiter Nigeria
- Female Content Associate at Madivas Mag
- Latest Job Openings at STARTUPROOM
- Executive Assistant at Monkey Media Limited
- Managing Director at Mediacom
- Interns at Hot FM 93.3