The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) - For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Number: 501647
Work Type: Consultancy
Purpose of the Consultancy
- The consultant shall provide technical support to the WASH Section in Kaduna state to strengthen systems for sustainable implementation of Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. This will include providing support in programme planning, implementation, monitoring and documentation of good practices for shared learning and knowledge management.
- Assist the Field Office to strengthen the capacity of WASH sector institutions at State & LGA levels including the LGA WASH Facilitators to plan and implement WASH programme in rural communities.
- Support the Field Office to organize activities for building capacities of WASH institutions; and review activity proposals from partners for recommendation to the WASH Specialist for approval.
- Provide technical assistance to the State Rural Water and Sanitation Agencies (RUWASSAs) in the implementation, monitoring and supervision of agreed annual work plans with greater focus on ensuring quality of interventions.
- Support LGAs to ensure WASHIMS and CDS are adequately updated and disseminated on a timely basis, plan project interventions and ensure quantity, quality, coverage, etc. and access to disadvantaged and marginalized groups
- Assist the Field Office to conduct regular supportive supervision and monitoring of WASH interventions & maintain a regular flow of information among stakeholders at all levels and establishing data room where all information and documents relating to the tendering/contracting/payment processes, monitoring and progress can be obtained.
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required
- Advanced University Degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering; Water & Sanitation; and Public Health.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in programme planning, implementation and monitoring preferably in water and sanitation sector.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to UNICEF career website on www.unicef.org to apply