|Summary of Key Functions:
Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Efficient administrative support
- Support to supply and assets management
- Support to administrative and financial control
- Coordination of Registry and Receptionist functions
Ensures efficient administrative support , focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to the UN Observer Officer administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Provides support to proper supply and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Organization and coordination of shipments and customs clearance.
- Contact with visitors and staff, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes.
- Support with protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with local authority on space and other administrative matters.
- Organization of audiences, and working programs of the observers upon request.
- Arrangement of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing of requests for visas, identity cards, preparation and submission of travel claims
- Organization of procurement processes including preparation of procurement documents, collation of vendors profile information, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, preliminary evaluation…
- Organization and administrative support of workshops, conferences, seminars, etc
- Monitoring staff members attendance and leave and preparation the monthly attendance record.
- Supervision of cleaning services.
- Coordination of transportation services, regular vehicle maintenance, temporary admission and insurance.
- Checking and certifying of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
- Prompt reporting and investigation of cases of vehicle accidents, damage, loss or theft of items; update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials
- Research and retrieval of data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection of reports and submission to the head of unit.
- Compilation and submission of relevant documents to UNOWA/CNMC HQs.
- Performance of any other tasks as required
Provides support for effective administrative and financial control in the office, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of records on assets management, preparation of reports including quarterly reports of non-expendable equipment .
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance
- Provision of support to maintenance of common premises and common services
- Management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution
- Preparation and manage inventory of office equipment, carry our physical custody of Non- Expendable inventory management, monitor and regulate the physical movement and location of all UNOWA/UNOPS assets.
Coordinates implementation of Registry and Receptionist functions, supervises Registry Clerk and Receptionist, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of administrative control records such as commitments and expenditures.
- Confirmation of availability of funds prior to review by supervisor;
- Maintenance of data integrity in the database, control programme; analysis of results and initiation of corrective actions when necessary.
- Coordination of common premises/services cost-recovery arrangements.
- Proper control of supporting documents of funds and activities.
- Preparation of requests for payment of funds and follow up.
- Preparation of quarterly financial reports.
- Provision of the information for the audit.
Impact of Results
- Provision of efficient general reception and information services.
- Provision of reliable mailing, registry and archiving services
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the unit. Accurate analysis and presentation of information, thoroughly researched and fully documented work strengthens the capacity of the office and facilitates subsequent action by the supervisor. Incumbent’s own initiative is decisive in results of work and timely finalization.
Building Strategic Partnerships
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
- Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
- Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Provides inputs to the development of simple system components
- Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systems
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
- Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Gathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Prepares timely inputs to reports
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making