re:learn is an open living lab focused on learning and smart application of technology in schools. Through a combination of projects targeted at research and learning, re:learn is committed to bridging the education gap by enhancing learning experience in schools.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Education Lead, and head the team shaping the future of education in Nigeria. As Education Lead, you will be responsible for managing the re:learn, and playing a strategic role in setting the focus and direction of the unit, with the goal of improving access to, and the quality of education in Nigeria.
You consider yourself a technologist, have a strong appreciation of technology, and an interest in the education sector. STEM, Computer programming, robotics, VR are not concepts that are strange to you, and the possibility of integrating education with technology excites you.
If you’re a visionary, with the grit to get things done, have a strong passion for education and like taking on ambitious project then we’d love to hear from you.
- Work closely with management team to set the focus of the unit, in line with the objectives of the organisation
- Oversee key operations of unit, across the Lagos and Abuja centres to ensure objectives are met – from content curation, programmes (in and out of school), re:learn community, and partnerships
- Oversee re:learn’s range of in-school and out-of-school programmes: such as Geeks Club, Summer of Code and the Weekend Club (in Lagos, Abuja, and other locations re:learn is operating in)
- Lead partner projects and work with other members of the team to execute such
- Identify new opportunities for growth and expansion as a unit
- Lead research projects related to education and learning
- Manage new and existing relationships with partners and stakeholders, including the public and private sector
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the technology industry
- BSc. in Computer Science or related Engineering degree
- Track record of leadership and successfully managing teams to meet objectives
- Highly motivated, ambitious individual, with the ability to work under pressure, and with minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel and work outside of the Lagos office when required
- Ability to inspire leadership and successfully lead a small team, while being able to get hands ‘dirty’ if required
- Independent, creative self-starter who can run with things while keeping everyone inside and outside the company in the loop
- Ability to learn fast and keep up to date with trends in the technology and education sector
- Should have excellent communication and writing skills
- Self-motivated, thrive working with a small team given lots of responsibility
Method of Application
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and cv, stating ‘Education Lead’ in the subject line. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.