AETI Power Systems and Controls Ltd - Our client is a fast growing concern and focused solution provider in Power & Electrical engineering. The company was incorporated to provide variety of services including, Power Engineering services, Procurement, Warehousing, Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services, Electrical Installation /Designs, Facility Management amongst others to individuals and corporate organizations. We are currently recruiting Procurement/Logistics Manager for the organisation.
The appointee will be directly reporting to the Head of Operations and Project. He must be a self -managed individual with extensive technical experience in the GENCOs and/or DISCOs. He/she must have a Project management and/or entrepreneurial and business development skills to drive the vision of the company and ensure Marketing efficiency and profitability
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- He/She must have contacts in the power generation and distribution sub-sector of Nigeria and be able to communicate at senior management level
- Research and identify new business opportunities
- Direct and co-ordinate activities involving sales of the company Products & Services
- Managing and retaining existing clients and developing new channels of business
- Job involves meeting and exceeding the company set target and increasing the company cliental database
- Confer or consult with Department head to plan advertising services and to secure information on clients needs and customer specification
- Liaise with potential Customer regarding training, procurement, recruitment and other engineering consulting and project needs and solutions
- Develop appropriate follow-up programs to ensure success of the proposal submitted.
- Generate business mandates from clients.
- Make presentations, and modifications on processes, to guarantee more efficient service delivery for maintaining client relationship
- Any other function as may be directed by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- B.Sc/ B.Eng /HND (Electrical /Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other related discipline)
- Must possess a Strong team spirit and to relate to other cultures, values and norms.
- Must know some power company’s location and be able to gain access to drive the company’s products and services
- Above 10 years experience with Managerial skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight reporting schedule.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively in a team.
- Integrity and transparent honesty.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and target oriented.
- Ready to Travel
- Multi-tasking capability
go to method of application »
- The procurement and logistics manager shall report to the manager director/CEO and his schedule of responsibility shall include but not limited to the following:
- He shall oversee the activities of the department responsible for purchases and also draws up a plan for the purchase of equipment, services and supplies
- He is responsible for the purchase of products and services in the organization and as to approve the best and quality products or services that have low prices after reviewing and analysing all options
- It is also his duty to ensure that the products and services are of high quality, regardless of the price and follow the procurement policies of the organisation are often he guiding principle in the approval of such purchases
- He is in charge of maintaining accurate records of purchases and pricing falls squarely on the shoulders of a purchasing manager which entails managing the inventories of the products or services in the organisation.
- He is expected to have all relevant information concerning the organisation’s supplier and it is his responsibility to ensure that the department has important details, such as the suppliers’ qualifications delivery times, potential development and products.
- He serves as the link between the company and suppliers and he ought to look for interested suppliers and negotiate the best deal for the company.
- Part of his job schedule also involves maintaining good relations with the suppliers and keep them happy, because this can provide great opportunities for their companies to obtain the best deals from them.
- He shall be responsible for overseeing all the inventory management process and eliminating obsolete and off-spec materials in the organisation
- He is expected to develop strategic methods and procedures for scheduling of materials from suppliers which will help in achieving customer demands
- Develop and maintain transportation system on domestic and international freight that ensures business needs are met
- He shall manage and oversee all customer service activities including order entry, customer satisfaction and resolving critical customer complaints.
- Create, manage and achieve the overall logistics and customer service department budgets
- Ensure company is in compliance with laws and regulations regarding supplies including hazardous materials. Resolving any legal issues pertaining to logistics and distribution
- Maintain receiving , warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program operational and personnel policies and procedures
- Motivate, organise and encourage teamwork within he workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met.
- Participate in personnel development within his department through talent acquisition, performance management, providing opportunity for high performers, education, communication, expectation setting and self-actualisation
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field. MBA or other advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant purchasing and logistics experience
- Must have experience with large purchase orders and contracts.
- Must be a leader, good communicator and practice effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be a good negotiator to act as intermediary between suppliers and user groups.
- Must be analytical, organized and efficient.
- Must be self-motivated and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to adapt to changing job priorities and goals and a good knowledge of Computer.
go to method of application »
- Coordinate the activities of finance department.
- Ensure that the company’s budget is prepared on time of the company annual budget.
- Prepare the company’s P &L accounts on monthly basis
- Work together with human resources manager on employee’s monthly pay roll
- Deal with VAT and TAX related issues liaising with MD/CEO
- Submit weekly finance report.
- Relate with other manager on finance matters while reporting the MD/CEO for approval.
- Ensure the smooth administration of company’s impress account
- Ensure that all company’s receivable are on time
- Maintain the accounting records are maintained on regular basis.
- Any other finance responsibility that may be assigned from time to time
- Negotiating and managing already secured facilities of bank on behalf of the company
- Negotiate loan on company’s behalf
- Maintaining project costing.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of B.SC/HND in accounting.
- M.SC or professional certificate (e.g ICAN) is added advantage
- Minimum of 3 Years relevant experience
Method of Application
Applicants can send their CVs by clicking the Apply Now Button using the position as subject of the mail