The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
In light of the displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, NRC has recently started up with emergency activities in the area of Food Security, Water and Sanitation, Shelter and ICLA sectors in Nigeria in order to respond to the urgent humanitarian needs in the northeast.
In the coming year, one of NRC’ main focus will be to provide the displacement affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local host communities including IDP camps in Borno State and displaced affected population in surrounding north - eastern states with adequate WaSH, Food Security and livelihood, Shelter, ICLA amongst other durable solutions. NRC is therefore seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Project Coordinator based in Maiduguri, Nigeria for 2017. The Monitoring and Evaluation Project Coordinator will report to the Head of Programme.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance policies and procedures;
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including Monitoring and Evaluation SOPs, guidance and tools;
- Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, log frame design and budgeting for Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use;
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment or review;
- Contribute to organisational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports;
- Capacity building and training of programme and M&E support staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas;
- Supervise and mentor Monitoring and Evaluation support staff in executing M&E plans;
- Contribute to the design of M&E staffing structure and resourcing, including collaboration with programme staff to identify and plan for Monitoring and Evaluation needs.
- Manage the process of planning, establishing and standardisation of Area office and project level M&E systems;
- Support the development of guidance for Area office procedures and processes that assist in institutionalising and supporting Monitoring and Evaluation in the Area Office;
- Support the Area office in developing data collection methodology, tools and systems for on-going data analysis;
- Ensure that monitoring data is reported in a timely manner and fed into management decisions for use in project management;
- Support, supervise and mentor Monitoring and Evaluation staff assigned to the Area Office;
- Lead the data collection and analysis in baseline, end line studies for all sectors;
- Generate report in Programme Development Managers, end line report to improve future programming;
- Ensure that beneficiaries feedback is analysed and streamed to future programing;
- In charge of Monitoring and Evaluation project matrix;
- Ensure the generated data are accurate and in line with NRC headquarter requirement;
- Generate reports monthly and in Trimester for Head Office and for Country Office;
- Perform any other task assigned by Head of Programme.
- At least 5 years’ experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, including M&E capacity and systems development
- Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making
- Experience in facilitating the capacity building efforts of diverse colleagues, including local partner agencies
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience using SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, or R
- Planning and delivering results
- Analysing and strategic thinking
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
Commencement: January 2017
Contract period: 31st December 2017 (with possibility of extension)
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
Duty station: Maiduguri, Borno State
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate can submit their application letter, updated CV and copy of valid means of identification (Passport, Driver’s license, National Identity card or voter’s card) to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. The title of the position (Monitoring and Evaluation Project Coordinator - Maiduguri) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Please note that to apply at NRC is FREE!!
• NRC does not ask for money or any form of favour for submission of application or employment.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale