The world's #1 foods company in terms of sales, Nestlé is also the world leader in coffee (Nescafé). It also makes coffee for the home-brewing system, Nespresso. Nestlé is one of the world's top bottled water makers (Nestlé Waters), one of the biggest frozen pizza (DiGiorno) makers, and a big player in the pet food business (Friskies, Purina). Its most well-known global food brands include Buitoni, Dreyer's, Maggi, Milkmaid, Carnation, and Kit Kat. The company owns Gerber Products and Jenny Craig. In addition to its own products, Nestlé also owns approximately 30% of cosmetics giant L'Oréal.
As our Cost Analyst for the Nestlé Waters business, you will provide support to the Factory in the pursuit of cost optimization, adequate internal control and compliance. By providing visibility and insight into manufacturing variances, the integrity of financial reporting will be ensured. You will work closely with manufacturing to understand how they impact on financial result.
- Be an active contributor to improvement projects and initiatives and seek, support cost improvement opportunities.
- Review daily, weekly and monthly variances; analyze, challenge and investigate variances.
- Review and validate factory reporting of weekly actuals and provide these reports to facilitate meetings thereby ensuring transparency and reliability of information.
- Perform financial simulations, product costing and CAPEX evaluations as required.
- Coordinate and provide inputs for budgeting, capacity runs, planning and for dynamic forecast.
- Analyze actual cost of production and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Coordinate monthly and year-end inventory.
- Perform budgetary control and raise flags where appropriate, as well as assist on necessary and on-time corrective actions
- B.Sc. or HND (Minimum of 2.2 or Lower Credit respectively) in Accounting or Finance.
- Must be ICAN / ACCA Certified.
- Must have 1 year post NYSC experience in Accounting & Costing in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) environment.
- Manufacturing costing experience, ideally within a factory or supply chain environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Microsoft Office package skill proficiency, including intermediate skill level in Excel, Word, basic PowerPoint and Access; SAP (or the equivalent ERP) experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nestle Foods career website on nestle.taleo.net to apply