If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Médecins du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to healthcare worldwide.
Under the supervision of the Logistics Coordinator, the Logistics Assistant will be responsible for the following activities:
- Purchase process: local purchase process of goods for the mission, under the supervision of the logistic Coordinator, according to the MDM purchasing procedures.
- Stock Management: Regularly check inventory, levels (physical counts), organization of Stock, cleanliness and access.
- Fleet Management: Follow up of cars maintenance and drivers movements.
- Guest House Office: Follow up the maintenance of equipment, identify needed repairs, contact repairers and buy material. Establish the monthly needs regarding the running stock (water, cleaning products, etc.…) and realize the purchase. Follow the guards working schedule.
- Administration: Work in close collaboration with administrator according to the committing expenditures and procurement process
- Security: Input to the mission security protocols
- Relationship Building: Network with other INGOs, Government bodies to improve communication and share information, particularly relating to security
- Minimum education level: University Degree or HND
- A minimum of 1 year professional experience in a similar position
- Experience in purchasing
- Languages: (spoken and written) English, (spoken) Kanuri and Hausa.
- Excellent Office Word and Excel skills
- Strong work ethic and rigor
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to solve problems and think laterally, must be innovative
- Team player
- Experience working in humanitarian emergency settings is an asset.
Method of Application
Send CV + cover letter (including job reference) + BSc or HND copy + ID copy (Valid means of Identification)
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll pay attention only to the complete files in English.
Our process of selection include some tests and interviews.
Please note: Interviews will take place in Maiduguri, travel expenses for the interview are not paid.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.