Agribusiness Advisor at Randstad Construction Property Engineering - Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
Posted on: 28 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at VSO
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Randstad Construction Property Engineering - Our client, Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO), is the worlds leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Reference Number: JOB0099138
Job Type: Voluntary
- This is a speculative role contingent upon the approval of Funding.
- The Agribusiness Advisor will develop sustainable and market oriented programmes for farmer groups.
- He/she will design, facilitate, coach and mentor farmer groups on business development and ensure that they have the right business philosophy, develop a business plan targeting their desired market, and have adequate skills to meet the market needs.
- Ultimately the role will contribute to local farmers winning more contracts and employing more people, therefore ensuring farming benefits more local people in the three communities in Niger State where VSO is based.
- You have a university Degree or equivalent in Development Policy and or Agribusiness related disciplines (agriculture economics, agribusiness administration, public administration, agriculture policy)
- At least 3 years of professional experience in agribusiness, and/or value chain and market access related, and/or analysis/research of agribusiness and/or socio-economic development projects.
- Hands on experience in supporting the development of farmers’ and their groups’ services. Experience in planning and assessment of extension service components, basic understanding of business operations and various areas of business as well as skills in training and facilitation.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to VSO career website on www.randstad.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about VSOSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at Malaria Consortium
- Call for Proposals at Mercy Corps
- Front Desk /Administrative Assistant at WaterAid Nigeria
- Director of Monitoring and Evaluation at PACT Nigeria
- Director of Finance and Operations at PACT Nigeria
- Deputy Chief of Party at PACT Nigeria
- MHPSS Technical Specialist at Heartland Alliance International
- Business Support Assistant (SCOPE) at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)