Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY . . .
playing a key role in strategy development and implementation, focusing on the humanitarian response in North East Nigeria, networking and representation at national and regional level and grant management through management of existing advocacy grants and lead the writing of further successful advocacy funding proposals.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Lead the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Action Against Hunger advocacy activities in Nigeria.
- Networking and representation by developing and enhancing Action Against Hunger’s position at national level.
- Serve as advocacy advisor to the network for the Nigeria and Lake Chad Basin crises.
DOES THIS DESCRIPTION FIT YOU?
You’re an experienced humanitarian professional
- You have a Masters’ degree in development studies, international relations/ affairs, social sciences, politics, or similar field.
- You have at least five years in humanitarian advocacy/strategy development.
- You have at least least 5 years’ advocacy experience.
- you have demonstrated expertise in humanitarian advocacy and/or representation to influence humanitarian policies at a high level (eg country director/tech coordinator profile with a track record of representation to donors and governments).
- You have knowledge on the UN humanitarian response system, including the clusters, humanitarian funding mechanisms.
- You have knowledge on humanitarian principles and international humanitarian law.
You are very efficient leading processes
- You are an excellent communicator
- You have experience working in a politically sensitive context with substantial constraints on humanitarian advocacy .
Your leadership style reinforces trust within your team
- You have diplomatic skills and are able to conduct negotiation and mediation with tact.
- You have experience in community-level communications, feedback or awareness campaigns.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: -
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance
For an all-inclusive list of benefits check the Action Against Hunger Website
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Action Against Hunger | ACF-International career website on action-against-hunger.workable.com to apply