Our client is a leading supplier of cement in the South-South and South-East regions, with installed capacity of 2.5million tons per annum. The Company's core activities include manufacture and sale of Cement
The Company is currently implementing key strategic initiatives aimed at expanding its operations and is seeking to recruit a focused, result-oriented and suitably qualified professional to fill the position of Head of Logistics.
Head of Logistics
Reporting to the Logistics Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the analysis, design and implementation of logistics operations and distribution networks, as well as liaison with various parties including suppliers of raw materials, manufacturers, retailers and consumers. Specifically, the candidate will:
• manage on-going third party logistics (3PL) relationships and monitor their performance to optimize cost
• liaise with ail internal customers and suppliers for daily operations
• analyse distribution network trends and implement changes as appropriate
manage ail logistical operations and support across ail distribution channels to ensure efficient dispatch
• analyse data to monitor performance. demand and plan improvements
• carry out root cause analysis and problem resolution for all logistics operations
• develop business by gaining new contracts, analyse logistical problems and produce new solutions
• drive the increase in road safety awareness
Qualifications, experience and attributes
• A good first degree in any discipline from a reputable institution. An MBA or any higher degree will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of five (5) years' post-qualification experience in supply chain management, two (2) of which must have been spent in a Similar role in a manufacturing company.
• Demonstrable experience in managing and developing a distribution and logistics team.
• Good knowledge of material planning, inventory management and budgeting.
• Ability to manage purchasing information and systems.
• Ability to manage relationship with various stakeholder i.e. vendors, custom personnel and third party contractors.
• Experience in cost management and proven ability to generate results.
• Excellent understanding of Quality Assurance and Total Quality Management System.
• Excellent leadership, negotiation, planning and organization as well as people management skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Method of Application
To apply, please quote ES00598 as the subject of your e-mail and send your current curriculum vitae (prepared as a word document, and saved with your full names), a statement of how you meet our selection criteria, and the names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements and abilities to as at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 7 April 2011.