International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization.
International Medical Corps has been operating in Nigeria since November 2013. It currently has its country office in Abuja and field offices in Kano, Sokoto and Maiduguri where it is implementing emergency Water, Sanitation, Hygiene (WASH) and Protection programs, and also building capacity of local health systems and structures, ensuring the provision of quality, accessible Nutrition and Health Care.
International Medical Corps is therefore looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position to be based in its Maiduguri Office:
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (MEO) is responsible for the overall planning and implementation of monitoring all activities and outputs of the active projects in Borno. In consultation with supervisor the MEO will undertake training responsibilities to equip the local government, partner organizations and community level staff/volunteers to undertake monitoring tasks.
- The MEO will contribute to efforts in outcome evaluation; and will draft and submit monitoring reports to the M&E Manager.
For closely tracking the project progress the MEO will:
- Apply the output indicators of the project to measure the achievement of each task and objective.
- Collect/collate/analyse data and reports based on already developed templates on a regular basis from the field.
- Plan and conduct regular site visits to objectively observe the status of project implementation using the developed program supervisory & monitoring checklist
- Support the M&E Manager with monitoring data and relevant findings in preparations for the partnership, coordination and review meetings
- Provide training along with the M&E Manager to ensure the project and partner organization staff as well as the relevant government staff are capable of undertaking tasks under the project implementation
- Conduct monitoring visits to track indicators on all outputs
- Monitor partner organization’s performance on all project activities
- Design and conduct case studies in collaboration with the M&E Manager for projects implemented
- Write monitoring reports and success stories on project interventions, to submit to the M&E Manager.
- Maintain frequent communication with Project Managers to ensure program activities and objectives are communicated
- Assist in the capture of lessons learned and best practices for the response
- Assist staff person responsible for coordinating the development of donor program reports and internal reports
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's and/or Master's in Statistics, Economics, Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Systems, or other relevant certifications - Professional Certification will be an added advantage.
- At least two years of experience in - program monitoring and evaluation which includes database development and management, remote monitoring, assessments and situation analysis in emergency settings
- Experience in working with a range of humanitarian donors (e.g. OFDA, ECHO, UN agencies, etc.) including established/required indicators
- Experience in working as M&E staff , working with program and technical staff, on proposal development and donor reporting
- Experience in M&E positions on emergency response programming is preferred
- Experience in WASH, health, nutrition, GBV and food security programming preferred
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively
- Creative and able to work with limited resources
- Ability to live and work in insecure environment with rapidly changing security situation
- Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus. In addition, He/She must be able to use analytical packages like EpiInfo, SPSS and STATA
- Strong English language ability (both written and verbal) and the ability to produce cohesive, informative reports including both qualitative and quantitative findings for a range of audiences
- Ability to speak Hausa is desired
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications to the "Human Resource Officer, International Medical Corps" via the email: email@example.com
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Candidates MUST state the position that they are applying for as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Application letter and Curriculum Vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.