Finance Job Opportunity at PACT
Posted on: 25 November, 2016
Deadline: 1 December, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at PACT
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Pact is an international non-governmental organization with headquarters in Washington DC, USA. Pact has been in Nigeria since 2005, and currently implements donor funded development projects in 4 States in the area of Health, integrating livelihoods, capacity development, and governance systems.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- The Finance Assistant will assist in all areas of the Finance management.
The specific duties to be carried out by the successful candidate are listed below:
- Prepare and follow up with transactions to ensure that payments are accurately captured, timely and complete;
- Reviews procurement and payment documents ensuring appropriate cost coding and accuracy;
- Ensures timely payments to vendors and other project related expenses such as telephone, travel etc.
- Reviews sub-grant and sub-award financial reports, taking initiative to resolve problems in accordance with policies and program objectives;
- Follow-up with 3rd part transactions, ensuring that all related documentation are submitted such as TA for sub-awards, deposit slips are properly filed etc.
- Provides support in preparation of bid analysis, negotiation memos, purchase orders and other procurement documents in accordance with Pact’s and donor policies and procedures.
- Processing all staff expenses, ensuring follow-through and filing
- Handles Petty cash
- Preparation of schedule for monthly statutory deductions.
- Reconciliation of monthly payroll deductions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum B.Sc in Accounting or its equivalent is required. Chartered accountant qualifications a plus.
- Possession of 2 years of cognate experience in fund accounting. Experience with accounting standards/practices of international organization a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience with automated accounting systems (QuickBooks and serenics), including payroll.
- Knowledge of internal control systems and financial audit processes.
- Advanced use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Power Point and MS Publisher.
- Knowledge of OMB Circulars 110,122,133
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their resume/CV and cover letter on their suitability to: email@example.com
- All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF.
- Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about PACTSimilar Jobs
- Psychologist at Neem Foundation
- Consultant at the Bureau for Institutional Reform and Democracy (BiRD)
- Job Opportunities at Crown Agents
- IT and Communications Assistant at AS Operations West Africa Limited
- Fresh Vacancies at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- ICT Assistant at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Job Openings at Plan International Nigeria
- Job Vacancies at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)