Information Technology Role at Hello Tractor
Posted on: 25 November, 2016
Deadline: 20 December, 2016
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Hello Tractor
Hello Tractor - We are an agricultural technology company that is improving global food and income security by building a network of “Smart Tractor” owners that farmers obtain service from via SMS. This way, small landowners have access to affordable farm machine services to increase their productivity.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- Build and translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code (in Android)
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Work with outside data sources and API’s
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- At least 2 years experience building Android applications
- You are curious about how things work
- Must have published at least one original Android app (provide app link or apk)
- Experience in JSON,XML and interfacing Android applications to server side API's
- Experience with system performance optimizations
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with compiler optimization and code generation
- Experience consuming Google map APIs and a deep understanding of GPS technology
- Extensive understanding of Android framework components and their respective lifecycles
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and programming languages
- An excellent understanding of best practices for networking, concurrency and threading
- Current and detailed knowledge of the capabilities of different Android API levels
- Experience working closely with product teams, designers, and other developers to create a truly delightful mobile experience
- A familiarity with the Android tool ecosystem for development, testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking
- At least four years engineering experience, a large portion of which in a team environment
- Deep understanding of relational databases
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Familiarity with Scrum and Agile Methodologies
- Prior experience with or knowledge of large scale, high volume systems
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Experience using mBaaS such as Kinvey
- Experience building APIs and Webhooks
- Deep knowledge of mobile frontend development
- Experience using Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform and playing a sysAdmin role
- Experience working in a startup.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title - ANDROID ENGINEER APPLICATION - [YOUR NAME].
Note: Also introduce yourself, tell us why you want to work with us, add links to projects you have worked on and attach a one page resume.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Hello TractorSimilar Jobs
- Product Manager at Civic Innovation Lab
- Content Intern at Panacea Digital Library
- Head, Sales and Marketing at Worldbay Technologies Limited
- Digital Marketer at Eduspace Limited
- IT Sales Officer at VDT Communications Limited
- Latest Jobs at Passnownow.com
- Content Provider/Writer at ZACRAC
- Operations Manager (Insurance) at Stresert Services Limited