Mines Advisory Group (MAG) saves lives and builds futures by working with others to reclaim land contaminated with the debris of conflict, to reduce the daily risk of death or injury for civilians, and to create safe and secure conditions for development. MAG shared the 1997 Nobel Peace Prize as a founding member of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines for our work to ban landmines. Our vision is a safe and secure future for men, women and children affected by armed violence and conflict.
MAG in Nigeria are currently seeking to recruit a Systems Manager to join our small team in Wuse 2, Abuja.
- You will report in to the Country Representative and support MAG’s work with a wide range of responsibilities in logistics, finance, HR and administration.
- You will play a key role in ensuring MAG can deliver its’ current activities, ensuring the Country Representative is provided with sound administrative and management support.
- The successful candidate should have previous experience working in a support role, ideally for an NGO.
- You will have previous experience managing procurement, including identifying suppliers, conducting market surveys and completing logistics paperwork.
- You should also have previous experience managing cash and be confident in completing financial paperwork, payroll etc.
- The post-holder is expected to have good IT skills with experience using Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Finally, you will need strong organisational skills and communication skills in order to effectively manage a busy workload.
This role will be for a fixed term period of 6 months initially, with potential for continuation. MAG will offer a competitive salary and benefits package. The position is expected to start in January 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and covering letters, stating why you are interested in the job, and why you think you would be a good candidate based on the job description, to: email@example.com
- This should be submitted in one PDF document entitled Systems Manager Application. Please confirm in your cover letter and email the earliest date you could start in this role. Applications which do not adhere to these instructions will not be considered.
- Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.