Executive Career at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
Posted on: 25 November, 2016
Deadline: 14 December, 2016
View Jobs in Real Estate
View All Jobs at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
Our client is a fast growing indigenous Nigerian Group of Companies with its head office located in Lagos and having interests in Construction, Real Estate and Capital Finance. The focus of the company’s Construction and Real Estate business is on road construction projects as well as construction and remodeling of residential and commercial buildings in choice locations.
Our client has executed a number of road construction projects for State Governments in Nigeria, and has developed innovative and modern architectural luxury property designs for private companies.
Reference Number: 130-PEO00705
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Roles & Responsibilities
- The MD, Construction will oversee the Construction arm of our client’s business, and provide strategic oversight to the company’s activities in the areas of nonresidential building construction, residential building construction, heavy and civil engineering construction, and architectural, engineering and related services.
- Provide overall leadership for the company in the pursuit of its mission, corporate goal and objectives.
- Collaborate with Board members and Management team to successfully implement a growth plan for the organisation
- Coordinate the activities of all units in the firm to guarantee efficient service delivery and a compelling value proposition for its clients.
- Plan the build process for proper registration of the Company with appropriate Government Agencies, for the purpose of sourcing for Tenders and subsequently the award of the Contracts.
- Possess a good understanding of the required resources for the building projects, and ensure they are covered in all tender documents in pricing and estimates.
- Coordinate the financial planning process and monitor the Tender after Pre-Qualification and Contract Award process.
- Oversee forecasting activities and manage project scope and changes meticulously to avoid going over budget.
- Possess an understanding of the costs for unplanned construction work or resource. Work closely with the Site and Project Managers to ensure work done is within the quotation in the Tender.
People Management Responsibilities:
- Attract, motivate and retain highly proficient staff needed to drive the achievement of corporate goals and objectives.
- Ensure the provision of effective systems, structures and resources to support the growth of the institution, including a team of well-trained, focused and motivated staff
- Carry out people management responsibilities in accordance with the organisation's policies, industry best practices, and as established by any applicable laws.
- Minimum of first degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline is required
- MBA or Masters in related discipline is an added advantage
- Membership of relevant professional certifications is required
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience, with relevant experience in the Construction, Civil Engineering or Infrastructure Development sectors
Required Skills & Competencies
- Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Customer Service
- Team Work
- People Management & Delegation
- Quality Management
- Cost Consciousness
- Planning/Organizing Skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) career website on pwc.co.za to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)Similar Jobs
- Sales Executives at Lily Homes Limited
- Facility Manager at Oak Homes Limited
- Business Manager at Le’Venue Group
- Drivers at Adron Homes and Properties Limited
- Fresh Jobs at McBuddy Estate
- Business Developer/Media Sales Executive at ToLet.com.ng
- Web Developer/Digital Marketer at CDV Properties & Development Limited
- Civil Engineer at McBuddy Properties Limited