StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competencies to proffer the needed solutions.Our client is a big player in the Paint/ Industrial Chemical segment of the Nigerian economy.
Job Code COMAG
The Cost & Management Accountant will assist senior management in making critical business decisions by analyzing and presenting key financial data. He/she will oversee accounting procedures and prepare forecasts, budgets and risk analysis.
He/she will assume responsibility of cost accounting tasks and be both a strategist and a decision maker. The goal is to contribute to the decision making process of management that will ensure business growth and long-term success.
He must have an exceptional analytical mind combined with a strong business orientation.
To prepare timely and accurate costing and financial information for cost control and other business management required information
- Gather and analyze financial information for internal and external use including Management accounts, cash flow and balance sheet position for the business
- Review product cost structure / cost centers
- Responsibility for operational funding to support the business activities
- Drive the budget activities and ensure strict compliance
- Assume responsibility of accounting procedures
- Evaluate the company’s performance using key financial data
- Make financial forecasts to assist business planning and decision-making
- Drive / monitor variance and variance resolutions in a timely manner
- Conduct risk assessment and advise on ways to minimize risk
- Supervise lower-level personnel in the finance team
Required Experience and skills
- Proven experience as management accountant or similar role
- Solid knowledge of basic and advanced accounting and financial principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of cost accounting and reporting
- Excellent knowledge or risk analysis, budgeting and forecasting
- Working knowledge of financial software and MS Office
- Analytical mind with aptitude in math
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A problem-solver with attention to detail
- Organizational and leadership skills
- B.Sc degree or HND in Accounting
- ICAN certification an added advantage.
- Physical and mental alertness.
- Good Computer skills- Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms Power Point.
- Good analytical Skills.
- Must have minimum 8 years relevant
Salary range is between N3, 000, 000 – N 4, 000, 000 gross/ annum
go to method of application »
Job Code HSA04
There is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, adaptable, and self-motivated person to join the team of a professional institute based in Lagos. The institute is a dynamic and highly respected professional body in Nigeria partnering international organizations such as the ILO and the EU.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the administrative support systems, procedures and activities that facilitate the effective running of the institute. He/she will also provide secretarial assistance to Executive members.
- Propose initiatives and programmes that the institute can use for workshops/seminars to generate funds
- Take/read minutes during meetings
- Come up with presentations from time to time on the state of affairs of the institute, and other information expected to be projected to members of the institute
- Submit weekly report to direct-line Manager
- Follow up with members on outstanding dues and pledges
- Act as in-between with vendors of the institute
- Carry out procurement for the institute
- Carry out administrative duties that include typing, filing, diary management, bookings, couriering, etc.
- Attend to correspondences and phone calls from members and other requests from the public
- Other general administrative duties
Relevant degree from a University/Polytechnic
- At least 4 years of related experience
- Good initiative and creativity skills
- Administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time
- Self-motivated with problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong experience of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Good communication skills, spoken and especially written English
- Good interpersonal skills required (tact, honesty, integrity, confidentiality, patience and ability to get on well with all levels of staff)
- Accuracy and attention to detail is also essential
Method of Application
Qualified applicants should send CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using the job codeas subject of mail Wrongly titled applications will not be considered, please be guided.