Neri Nigeria - An International Development Organization is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the following position:
Number of Position: Depends on State activity
Job Locations: Adamawa, Borno and Yobe State; respectively
The STTA Engineer will work to develop and implement CCI infrastructure rehabilitation grants activities at the State and Local Government Area (LGA) level. The STTA Engineer will support the Engineering, Design and Environmental Compliance Manager (ED&ECM) and the State Engineer to ensure that all projects are implemented in accordance with sound technical, environmental and engineering standards. The STTA Engineer will provide technical support, training and supervision to implementing small and medium-sized infrastructure projects. The STTA Engineer will provide technical input to NERI staff during the project identification, development and implementation: including budget preparation, scheduling, environmental reviews and compliance monitoring, preparing and reviewing designs, and progress monitoring and reporting. The STTA Engineer will ensure that all infrastructure projects are completed within the available timeframe, allowing sufficient time for close down, demobilization, handover, final invoicing, and, if necessary, contract termination.
Reporting & Supervision:
The STTA Engineer will report technically to the Engineering, Design and Environmental Compliance Manager (ED&ECM) based at Abuja and administratively to the State Engineer (based at Adamawa, Borno or Yobe) to oversee various projects.
- Directly supervise construction and renovation works in the program area, and/or provide technical assistance, training and supervision to Project Engineers for all NERI infrastructure projects within the program area.
- Assist the Program team in identifying and developing infrastructure projects. Input will include, but not be limited to, establishing constructability, identifying potential field difficulties, daily/weekly project reports and budget preparation to include material, labor, equipment and service costs.
- The STTA Engineer will provide technical input during the project identification, development and implementation: including scheduling, environmental reviews and compliance monitoring, preparing and reviewing designs and materials tests, and progress monitoring and reporting.
- Conduct final checks on project designs and specifications to ensure that all designs, drawings and BOQs are in accordance with sound technical, environmental (EMMPs) and engineering standards before passing on to Abuja for final approval.
- Prepare EDFs, identifying mitigation measures into projects. Ensure that these mitigation measures are planned, budgeted and carried out.
- Conduct monitoring visits to infrastructure project sites, including unannounced visits in order to monitor progress and ensure compliance.
- Assist in evaluating and prequalifying potential subcontractors.
- Set up and maintain local price databases using inputs from the procurement teams, past activities and assessment visits.
- Assist in the tendering, tender evaluation and contract recommendation processes for sub consultants and sub contracts.
- Directly carry out, or oversee Project Engineer pre-final and final inspection of all infrastructure works.
- Technically review all invoices for state infrastructure subprojects submitted according to project invoice review procedures;
- Interface with grantees, sub-contractors and vendors as required ensuring transparent program processes are upheld.
- Participate in final review and close out of grant activities.
- Any other duties suitable to task and commensurate with ability.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- University degree in Civil Engineering or similar field of study.
- 5 years’ general work experience and 3years specific work experience with a large portfolio assistance program providing infrastructure project implementation: Construction supervision as Resident Engineer, Construction Manager or Contractor’s Site Representative.
- Familiarity with USAID Environmental Compliance regulations and experience in preparation of EDFs
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and apply problem solving skills and provide technical supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse range of professional relationships essential.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English.
- Fluency in Hausa or Kanuri desired.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities;
Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale