Technology Vacancy at Seedstars Academy
Posted on: 23 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at SeedStars Academy
Seedstars is a global organization with headquarter in Switzerland and a presence in 60+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our initiatives are focused on connecting stakeholders within these ecosystems, building tech companies from scratch and investing in the top entrepreneurs.
About the Seedstars Code Academy MD
The code academy MD has the objective to develop and build a diversified learning ecosystem focused on high quality code training. We operate the structure much like a startup itself where the MD will be responsible for the country holding. The Seedstars global infrastructure and know-how (network, funding, technology team, etc) is fed down into the venture to build this academy.
About the job
It’s very important to us that the candidates share our conviction of bootstrapping and love of the web/tech world, you should have an intuitive feel for what works and what doesn’t online! Keep it simple and keep it lean is our mission so we are not flexible when it comes to cultural fit.
You will be responsible for your own country's Code Academy.
- Setting up all operations
- Launching the code academy
- Training developers
- Organizing events
- Helping the Seedstars portfolio companies recruit and hire great employees
- Developing business activities (generating sales!) and relations with corporates
- We are looking for hands-on technology entrepreneurs. As entrepreneur you are fully responsible for your country holding and hold personal stakes in the equity.
- On a day-to-day level your responsibilities will run from organising and managing the different activities to business development & sales.
- You are in charge of identifying key channels, markets and opportunities to expand the code academy.
- In addition, your role is to network and represent the company as well as raising money for the country holding itself.
- Previous relevant experience with the job is a MUST
- Flexibility & International exposure - This job only makes sense for someone who is passionate about traveling and excited to go somewhere completely new, often on very little notice & with a couch surfer attitude
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to details (at the question "please describe who you are in a tweet" start your answer with the word "kiskil")
- Strong belief in getting things done - We are nomads traveling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution. Working in remote with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
Benefits and perks
- Exposure to cultures and ecosystems from over 60 countries
- Build your network in emerging markets of tech entrepreneurs and investors
- Join a young, passionate, hungry and growing team of entrepreneurs & facilitators
- Bootstrap salary (open compensation model available based on experience, location, seniority, etc...), equity and bonus based on performance. It's all up to you!
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to SeedStars Academy career website on seedstars.recruiterbox.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about SeedStars AcademySimilar Jobs
- Graduate Technical Customer Support Officers at Vivid-Tech Solutions and Services
- Animators at Exolve Technologies Limited
- Graduate and Experienced Jobs at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Hosting Operation Manager (Vas) at Lightning Networks Limited
- Junior Data Scientist (Octave Analytics) at Co Creation Hub (CcHUB)
- Software Developers at Vatebra Limited
- Job Opportunity at Nokia Nigeria
- Director, Account Management, CSS at Visa Incorporated