Christian Rural and Urban Development Association of Nigeria (CRUDAN) is a Christian, not for-profit, Non Governmental Organization, working to ensure that Nigerian communities experience sustained food security, improved household nutrition, economic justice, natural resources management, disaster risks reduction, conflict transformation and humanitarian aid without bias to faith, gender or ethnicity.
CRUDAN in collaboration with Oxfam GB is implementing an EU-funded Pro-Resilience Action (PRO-AG) Project in Adamawa State in four (4) local Government Areas (LGA's) - (Mub-south, Guyuk, Song and Fufore) aimed at building food security and resilience in Northern Nigeria.
CRUDM seeks to employ a qualified candidates to fill the position below for a period of about three and half years:
Locations: Yola, Adamawa
- This position will be responsible for implementing all project activities in the target communities in the state, both directly and indirectly through training/mentoring of Partner project staff and community mobilizers and VSL field officer, linking up with ADP, other NGO and private sector actors.
- Post holder reports to: CRUDAN Executive Director
- Staff reporting to this post: between 10 (Finance Officer and Community Mobilirers and VSL field officers)
Direct Implementation:Implement all program activities in 4 LGAs, which includes:
- Facilitate initial community entry activities, mapping, and assessments.
- Manages the Partner project budget and makes all approvals of project activities
- Formation and initial training of farmers’ association and VS&L groups
- Support the conduct of baseline/small scale farmers: surveys in communities.
- Prepare action plans and begin providing direct support to small holder farmers through visits, in line with the action plans, etc.
- Initiate/facilitate links and referrals relationships between the farmers’ association and community groups and input suppliers/product buyers, and other service providers/other local sources of support.
- Ensure all documentation, reports, and records are maintained per agreed procedure, and information is provided on community activities as required.
- Co-facilitate step-down trainings with farmers’ association and community groups on various topics, as outlined in the implementation plan.
- Support farmers’ association and community groups to conduct assessments/project activities to small scale farmers especially women in the communities.
- Work on value chain actors and their service providers(Private BDS providers)
- Work on disaster risk reduction, tamer field schools, asset transfer and re4vlrig fund management community based saving and lending groups
- Support Training arid formation of Village Savings and Loan Groups (VS&L) in the communities
- Ensure data collection of Village savings and Loan Groups for Management information systems under technical guidance of the M&E officer
- Coordinate with ADP other NGQs and private sector actors.
- Support CSO to implement program activities iii the target communities, as listed above, through:
- Co-facilitation of training on various issues and topics as outlined In the. project implementation plan and training modules.
- Work with project teams to model techniques and processes fr community engagement, as specified above under direct implementation,
- In subsequent stages of community engagement, provide mentoring and oversight for the activities of the community Mobilizer and farmers’ association and VSL groups
- Maintain documentation and M&E Systems at the community/state level: with the technical guidance of MEAL officer, work with community mobilizers, field officers, farmers’ association and community groups to ensuie that all documents for small scale farmers are kept up’to’date, accurate, and secured; and ensure that information is compiled as needed in an accurate and timely basis to assess progress against activities and outcomes for each community.
- Support the Oxfam State Program Coordinator and CSO leader as required in externally representing the project to government agencies, other implementing partners and service providers. Help establish referral systems with other service providers at the local level, to be utilized by community mobilizers, field officers and farmers’ association and community groups to refer small scale farmers for services not provided by this project.
- Support the community mobilizers, VS1 field officers and farmers’ association and community groups to explore opportunities for soliciting additional indigenous support to small scale farmers from local resources through community and in-kind contributions, waiving of service tees, and other such strategies.
- Co-facilitate training activities for external agencies and private sector actors as required, and in line with the project implementation plan.
- Work with the Finance/Admin Officer, project partners, and community mobilizers, and vSi field officers to ensure that all financial activities conducted in each,community are properly documented in line with CSO policies and 0GB/EU procedures.
- Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
Skills and Competencies
- Level of Education - Degree, Master degree in Agronomy or Agro-economy ot equivalent in relevant flied with at least 3 years experience preferably with donors such as EU, ECHO, OFOA, and 0110.
- Must have substantial experience in implementing community-level development projects, using participatory engagement and grassroots mobilization techniques.
- Experience working on value chain actors and their service providers (Private 605 providers)
- Involvement in Agricultural value chain projects, and/or those involving small scale farmers, especially those with asset/cash transfer components and/or interventions.
- Sound experience working on disaster risk reduction, farmer field schools, asset transfer and revolving fund management, community based saving and lending groups
- Excellent training and facilitation skills with a wide variety of groups having diverse experiences, backgrounds, skills, and education levels,
- Experience m handling grants to local groups, ensuring appropriate basic documentation and accountability at the community/field level.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skill;s.
- Language Requirements: Spoken English’ Excellent; Written English-Good’ (ability to type arid prepare reports and other documents as needed.)
- Must be able to speak at least one local language predominant in that state.
- Experience in engaging directly with Small scale farmers, facilitating women activities arid/or facilitating small scale farmers participation in meetings, discussions, etc.
- Involvement in projects and/or initiatives that address issues of power, diversity, exclusion, participation, and gender.
- Ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning, meet deadlines, and handles last- minute demands; exercise patience, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Level of IT Expertise: Good (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications and CV's to: email@example.com The position title and applicant name must be the subject of the email.
Note: Only applications sent in the required format will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.