StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competencies to proffer the needed solutions.
Our client is into environmental information management system and risk management.
The qualified candidate for this position will have a first degree in environmental related studies and at least 8 years experience in environmental management (out of which at least 4 years would have been in Business Development) covering specialized environmental and sustainability risk management consultancy.
The ideal candidate is expected to be self-driven and motivated. He/she should have a strong understanding of the business dynamics of the environmental consulting industry; know the essentials of lead generation, participation in bids, pricing, and have full grasps of environmental projects execution from beginning to end.
Key Job Responsibilities
- The major role of the job holder (together with the Business Development team) will be to:
- Improve the company’s market position, with the goal of achieving sustained financial long-term net revenue growth;
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn these opportunities into increased business;
- Cold call as appropriate within market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities;
- Meet with potential clients by building, growing and maintaining the company's clientele network;
- Identify prospective clients and decision makers within the client organization;
- Carry out research work relating to business growth for company, and client organizations;
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators;
- Foster company’s internal professional network, including Market Sector Leaders, Client Account Managers, and Value Proposition Leaders;
- Manage budget and allocate resources accordingly.
- Sustainability Risk Management including Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), Environmental Audit and Due Diligence, Climate Change and Green House Gases (GHGs), Post Impact Assessment (PIA), Cleaner Production, Energy Audits and Efficiency, Life Cycle Assessment, Corporate Sustainability Management Strategy, Environmental Management Systems Design, Regulatory Compliance, Environmental Monitoring ( air, water, soil, etc.), Waste Management and Pollution Control Studies, Spill Contingency Planning, Ecological Risk Assessment, etc.
- Environmental Information Management Systems covering Environmental Modeling, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Data Management Systems, 3-D Visualization and Animation of Environmental Data, Data Mining, Data Integration and Information Delivery, etc.
- Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building covering management and technical skills training, development and delivery.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to motivate and lead teams
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and other relevant computer applications
- Prior consulting experience will be an advantage, though not compulsory
- Ability to mentor and transfer knowledge/technical skills to junior professionals
Salary is above industry standard
Method of Application
Qualified applicants with related experience should forward CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’
using ‘BD-EIA’ as subject of mail . Candidates who have similar responsibilities listed above will be contacted for interviews.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.