Job Opportunity at Damco Nigeria
Posted on: 22 November, 2016
Deadline: 30 November, 2016
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Damco Nigeria
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Damco is one of the world's leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freightforwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has about 11,000 employees working in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. Damco is part of the Maersk Group. More information about Damco can be found on www.damco.com.
Do you want to be part of young, dynamic and growing international organization?
Damco is a global leader in Supply Chain Logistic. With the aim to double our size over the next 3 years, our values are built around a performance driven culture within an organization that believes developing our people is the way to reach our objectives.
We are looking for customer service staff to ensure service delivery in line with customer expectations for export customers in Nigeria
- Active participation in the company growth strategy
- Ability to link client needs with Damco's solutions portfolio
- Knowledge of the freight forwarding industry
- Ensure service delivery in line with customer expectations for Export customers
- Manage relationship with current customers, and secure additional business/volume with current customers and new customer in liaison with sales department.
- Ensure account receivables are current.
- Coordinate handling of files between Sales, Operation, and Finance units.
- Ensure Damco delivers the product sold to customers.
- Manage job costing for customers assigned, which includes opening and closing of files.
- Coordinate handling of file between departments and ensure file is handled in a timely manner.
- manage bookings (document status & cost implications for any delays).
- Supervise the Opening of form M and verify shipping documents.
- Manage written correspondence between OPS department and clients.
- Keep Client updated on cargo status before and after arrival or departure.
- Confirm and verify declarations to advise customer of expected duty amount and HS code (s) used.
- Advice and guide client on queries encountered during verification/examination and discuss/agree on a workable solution.
Who we are looking for
- A degree in business management, social sciences or equivalent is desirable.
- Proficient in English as well as relevant local languages (verbal and written).
- Minimum 3 year of experience in customer service department for a fast-paced service company.
- Minimum 2 year logistics operations experience will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communicator, persuasive and enjoy solving problems.
- Ability to work in a team.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Damco Nigeria career website on jobsearch.maersk.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Damco NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Marketing Associates at Connect Rail Services Limited
- Customer Relationship Officer at County Cargo
- Auto A/C Technicians at a Logistics and Transportation Company
- Country Manager – Transport and Logistics at a Logistics and Transportation Company
- Business Development Analyst at Imperial Courier Express
- Managing Director – Haulage Division at Chisco Group
- Accounting Clerk at PrimePort Logistics Limited
- HR Generalist at Connect Rail Services Limited