Information Technology Role at Dragnet Solutions Limited
Posted on: 22 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Dragnet Nigeria
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Dragnet Solutions Limited- A 3rd party supply chain logistics service provider with competencies in shipment, clearing and freight forwarding.is seeking to recruit an IT Support/ Network Administrator Officer.
- Oversees the day-to-day Operation of computer networks including hardware/software support, training, and special projects; plans, designs and implements data connectivity for local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) systems;
- Maintains and updates IT inventory records
- Assists in coordinating special projects including network related wiring plans, LAN/WAN hardware/software purchases, and system installation, backup, maintenance and problem solving;
- Troubleshoot and repairs current software and hardware installations
- Develop and provide training to staff on effective use of equipment and software
- Assists in providing network and remote connectivity hardware/software support; maintains LAN user documentation including hardware/software applications, support logs and other related information;
- Researches and recommends network and server hardware and software; assists in installing, designing, configuring and maintaining system hardware and software;
- Analyses and troubleshoots the network logs and tracks the nature and resolution of problems; monitors usage to ensure security of data and access privileges;
- Installs supports and maintains both physical and virtual network servers and appliances.
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security; performs daily server tape backups; researches, analyzes, monitors, troubleshoots and resolves server or data network problems;
- Develops, maintains and implements network support, and archiving procedures; researches and evaluates new technologies related to computer networking;
- Assists in planning, coordinating and consulting with vendors and clients for hardware/software purchases, product services and support; recommends and specifies the purchase of related products and services;
- Keeps current regarding new hardware/software products for system enhancements;
- Maintain an inventory of parts for emergency repairs
- Assists and provides support to the Coordinator, WAN/LAN, and other technology staff as requested including performing scheduled network tasks, updating anti-virus definition files, monitoring network servers, and providing internet and intranet user support, and specialized training.
- E-mail/Internet/ Systems Support Establishes and maintains user e-mail accounts; provides e-mail training and software support; provides e-mail documentation and updates user manual as needed;
- Manages anti-spam and anti-virus servers; researches and troubleshoots e-mail problems by reviewing mail logs, records, and network configurations;
- Provides solutions to customer identified problems.
- A bachelor’s degree in information technology or equivalent education/experience level is required. Must have tech support experience at operational levels with at least one year’s experience in this capacity.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with technical and non-technical people at all levels are essential
- Candidates with one or more recognized industry certifications (CompTIA A+, Network, CCNA; CISSP) will be given preference and must be interested in becoming/pursuing Microsoft or Cisco or Compatible Certification within a short period of time or has started and passed at least 1/2 exams.
- The candidate must be able to proffer solutions to challenging IT Issues within the organization.
- Ability to use a computer while sitting for extended periods is common.
- Must also be able to position self to install, maintain, or exchange equipment, including under tables and desks.
- The successful candidate must be prepared to commit for a minimum of 12 months.
- Totally resourceful and trustworthy and must be between 22- 26 years of age.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Dragnet Nigeria career website on e-recruiter.ng to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Dragnet NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Latest Recruitment at NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML)
- Fresh Jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Fresh Vacancies at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)
- Jobs at DCSL Corporate Services Limited
- Procurement and Sourcing Analyst at Maersk Line
- Assistant Project Managers at a Global Shipping and Logistics Company - Fosad Consulting
- Professional Driver at Tekra Global Concepts Limited
- Jobs at Parcel Line Logistics