Information Technology Role at Dragnet Solutions Limited
Posted on: 22 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Dragnet Nigeria
Dragnet Solutions Limited- A 3rd party supply chain logistics service provider with competencies in shipment, clearing and freight forwarding.is seeking to recruit an IT Support/ Network Administrator Officer.
- Oversees the day-to-day Operation of computer networks including hardware/software support, training, and special projects; plans, designs and implements data connectivity for local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) systems;
- Maintains and updates IT inventory records
- Assists in coordinating special projects including network related wiring plans, LAN/WAN hardware/software purchases, and system installation, backup, maintenance and problem solving;
- Troubleshoot and repairs current software and hardware installations
- Develop and provide training to staff on effective use of equipment and software
- Assists in providing network and remote connectivity hardware/software support; maintains LAN user documentation including hardware/software applications, support logs and other related information;
- Researches and recommends network and server hardware and software; assists in installing, designing, configuring and maintaining system hardware and software;
- Analyses and troubleshoots the network logs and tracks the nature and resolution of problems; monitors usage to ensure security of data and access privileges;
- Installs supports and maintains both physical and virtual network servers and appliances.
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security; performs daily server tape backups; researches, analyzes, monitors, troubleshoots and resolves server or data network problems;
- Develops, maintains and implements network support, and archiving procedures; researches and evaluates new technologies related to computer networking;
- Assists in planning, coordinating and consulting with vendors and clients for hardware/software purchases, product services and support; recommends and specifies the purchase of related products and services;
- Keeps current regarding new hardware/software products for system enhancements;
- Maintain an inventory of parts for emergency repairs
- Assists and provides support to the Coordinator, WAN/LAN, and other technology staff as requested including performing scheduled network tasks, updating anti-virus definition files, monitoring network servers, and providing internet and intranet user support, and specialized training.
- E-mail/Internet/ Systems Support Establishes and maintains user e-mail accounts; provides e-mail training and software support; provides e-mail documentation and updates user manual as needed;
- Manages anti-spam and anti-virus servers; researches and troubleshoots e-mail problems by reviewing mail logs, records, and network configurations;
- Provides solutions to customer identified problems.
- A bachelor’s degree in information technology or equivalent education/experience level is required. Must have tech support experience at operational levels with at least one year’s experience in this capacity.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with technical and non-technical people at all levels are essential
- Candidates with one or more recognized industry certifications (CompTIA A+, Network, CCNA; CISSP) will be given preference and must be interested in becoming/pursuing Microsoft or Cisco or Compatible Certification within a short period of time or has started and passed at least 1/2 exams.
- The candidate must be able to proffer solutions to challenging IT Issues within the organization.
- Ability to use a computer while sitting for extended periods is common.
- Must also be able to position self to install, maintain, or exchange equipment, including under tables and desks.
- The successful candidate must be prepared to commit for a minimum of 12 months.
- Totally resourceful and trustworthy and must be between 22- 26 years of age.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Dragnet Nigeria career website on e-recruiter.ng to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Dragnet NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Competent Truck Drivers at GMT Nigeria Limited
- Maintenance Supervisor at Peridot Forte Solutions Consulting Limited
- Business Development and Marketing Manager at Fosad Consulting
- Chief Operating Officer at a Logistics Firm - Quick Projects Limited
- APM Terminals Recruiting for Legal Counsel
- Latest Jobs at GUO Transport Company Limited
- GE Nigeria EID Intern Recruitment
- Treasury Specialist at GMT Nigeria Limited