Reference: “MID-TERM EVALUATION OF THE: PROMOTING WOMEN'S ENGAGEMENT IN PEACE AND SECURITY IN NORTHERN NIGERIA“
Duration: 27 WD
The Bureau for Institutional Reform and Democracy – BiRD is currently accepting applications for a Analysis of organisations specialist (Category II) as part of a Lot7 short-term mission in Nigeria entitled “MID-TERM EVALUATION OF THE: PROMOTING WOMEN'S ENGAGEMENT IN PEACE AND SECURITY IN NORTHERN NIGERIA“.
The Global objective: The mid-tem evaluation will provide the EU and other partners with an assessment of the project's performance and recommendations on how to improve the intervention to achieve expected goals and outcomes, taking into account problems and opportunities.
- Advanced university degree or equivalent with relevant work experience in sociology, development studies, gender studies or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience and expertise on women’s participation in peace and security, gender analysis and/or gender country profile drafting.
- Experience in missions for project review/evaluation.
- Experience in EU programme design and EDF procedures will be an asset.
- Minimum 3 years extensive experience from both short and long-term assignments as consultant on gender related evaluation.
- Sound knowledge and experience in preparation of institutional capacity assessments.
- Experience in designing gender related projects will be an asset.
- Knowledge of international agreements and initiatives on gender (UN, AU,) and of EU policies on gender.
- Specific experience and expertise on women’s participation in peace and security, as well as impact of conflict on young girls is an advantage.
The total duration of the mission will be 27 WD. Provisional start of the assignment: 30 January 2017. Foreseen finishing date: 21 March 2017.
All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
go to method of application »
- At least a Master's Degree in Gender studies, Peace and conflict resolution, political/social sciences or related field.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of large development projects on women peace and security in complex political environments evidenced by participation in at least 5 missions.
- Minimum 12 years of professional experience in the relevant sector at international level (worked in at least two countries) some of which should have been acquired in a developing country.
- At least 6 years' experience of Women, Peace and Security issues and with specific expertise in designing technical assistance, capacity development, M&E and training programmes.
- Knowledge of gender legislation, policies and strategies.
- Expertise in problem analysis, stakeholders' analysis and preparation of Logframes.
- Experience in working with civil society organisations and administration of grants.
- Working experience in Nigeria will be an asset.
- Demonstrated recent experience (last 5 years) in national gender policies in developing countries.
The total duration of the mission will be 27 WD. Provisional start of the assignment: 30 January, 2017. Foreseen finishing date: 21 March, 2017.
Method of Application
Applications and updated CVs are accepted on a rolling basis and should be submitted to: email@example.com.
Please note that only excellent experts meeting most or all of the above criteria and having an excellent and verifiable track record will be considered.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.