If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) networked together in 94 countries, as part of a global movement for change. Together we are working to achieve our vision of 'a just world without poverty' and to be a powerful partner in global and local communities of people connected for change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- This is a key role on the Management Team and will provide financial and risk management service to Oxfam Country Office in Nigeria by developing business intelligence that supports program decisions and performance management.
- The job holder will provide strategic overview and management of Information Communication & Technology (ICT), Finance, Procurement and Logistics.
Staff reporting to this post:
- Finance Manager, Logistics Manager & ICT Officer
- The Country Office has a budget of over €40 million
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Performance Management & Business Intelligence
- Lead business intelligence activities, performing proactive monitoring and analysis to drive strategic business decisions and continuous improvement activities
Finance & Systems:
- Lead the financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes to ensure efficiency and compliance with all organisational standards of management and accountability.
- Monitor donor grants and the discretionary Oxfam budget and ensure compliance with all donor reporting requirements, including proposals, budgets and donor reporting liaising with donors and partner organizations.
- Assume a strategic overview of financial management systems across all programme/projects, taking note of changing external and internal environment in financial and economic conditions.
Procurement & Logistics:
- Ensure collaboration and clear mutually supportive working practices are in place between logistics and finance and programs.
- Advise on ways of ensuring that effective logistics, administrative and office management systems and tracking systems are in place and functioning at all time.
Information Communication Technology:
- Ensure that ICT strategy not only incorporates developing effective business solutions and services with the underlying infrastructure but that it underpins the delivery of appropriate technology enabled solutions.
- Ensures continuous follow up to ICT process and day-by-day operation that complies with Oxfam minimum standards and policies; promote best practise.
- Review and where necessary support programmes to formulate partnership contracts, supplier’s contracts that align to policy and mitigate financial and operational risks.
- Create strategies to mitigate financial and operational risk, working closely with country director.
- Ensure compliance with Oxfam financial procedures and policies, including financial risk management, money laundering, value for money etc. and reduce risks associated with the programme around legality and compliancy issues and alert the CD of any imminent risks.
Leadership, Coordination and Capacity Building:
- Support the design and implementation of any required new systems, processes and policies, working in coordination with the functional teams.
- As a member of the leadership team, support the development of the country strategy, with a focus on ensuring sufficient capacity and support in business operations.
Educational Qualification, Experience & Competence
- Education to graduate level with a recognised Accountancy, Finance, Investment Management, Business Administration or Economics qualification
- Full professional qualification in accountancy (e.g. CA/ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CPA)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in providing a whole range of financial services within a structured organisation, 4 years of managerial within an International NGO.
- Proven ability to interpret financial procedures and standards and put them into practice and influence others in their implementation
- Proven knowledge of computerised systems and demonstrable experience of working with computerised accounting packages and spread sheets
- Good leadership skills: Directly overseeing, coaching, developing and motivating team members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a dispersed, multi-disciplined, multicultural team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and / or experience of common Oxfam norms objects, standards and tools
- MBA is an advantage.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package.
Method of Application
ates should send their Application Letters and Curriculum Vitae addressed to the "Country Director" and sent as one attachment to: email@example.com The position title and applicant name must be the subject of the email.
Note: Only applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted. Oxfam is an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc.”