Finance Opportunity at The Nigerian Bottling Company Limited
Posted on: 17 November, 2016
Deadline: 24 November, 2016
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Nigerian Bottling Company
The Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is one of the biggest companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria.
Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- The Regional Commercial Finance Controller will report to Finance Business Partner (Commercial) and will be responsible for ensuring adherence to Commercial Policies & Procedure in Demand & Sub Demand Area.
- He/She will also be responsible for North Region Performance and KBI deliveries.The role holder will be based in Abuja.
- Ensure accurate and timely booking of Revenue, Accrual, Inventory, Account Receivable & Expenses.
- Ensure compliance with Internal Control and audit process.
- Recommend changes in the credit policy to Finance Business Partner Commercial and maintain and uphold the corporate credit policy.
- Supervising the Account Receivable, Claims, Credit Control and Settlement & Billing activities in their regions.
- Ensure SLA on timely and accurate update of requested and approved credit is adhered to.
- Follow up with Commercial Manager on the defaulting dealers for recovery and initiate set up of Credit Representatives Group.
- Review credit limit of outlets periodically to ensure it is in line with purchase capacity and risk assessment of the customer.
- Engage in cross-functional meeting with Commercial and Logistic on DIFOTAI (Delivery in Full ,on time and accurate invoicing)achievement.
- Ensure adherence to cut-off procedures.
- Ensure adherence to Credit Policy.
- Coordinate quarterly provisioning and write-off request. Implementation of dunning procedure and suggestion for changes. Review DSO (Debtor Days of Sales Outstanding) Report and follow up on debt recovery.
- Evaluates customers’ liquidity risk and classify them accordingly to risk categories.
- Advise Management on ageing debts for provision and on bad debt write-off.
- Evaluation and monitoring of customers’ promotion and incentive programmes.
- Monitoring of DME and Commercial budgets for accuracy.
- Ensure settlement and billing activities result in accurate revenue. goods issue update, and update of customers account.
- Cross functional capabilities within the Commercial Finance team to deliver support to all Commercial functions.
- Working with other finance team as well as with teams across company.
- Highlighting the current business results/potential risks.
- Must be able to prepare clear overviews.
- Involvement in Coaching activities
- Be align with the company vision and direction.
- Communication with other departments across company.
- Reviewing current processes and designing new/more efficient ways of utilising current data to provide meaningful reports to Supply chain and to Senior Management Team.
- Participate/lead key initiatives such as productivity and efficiency management.
Desired candidate profile:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, related field or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years experience
- Possession of ICAN or ACCA will be an advantage.
- Strong Analytical skills and experience -Power Point, Excel, SAP, University Degree, English, Judgement
- Ability to set & manage deadlines in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Must be able to explain all variances.
- Accounting knowledge.
- Proven Knowledge of SAP and excel systems.
- Indirect costs understanding, responsibilities, timing, logic of accounting.
- Understanding of Investment appraisal and NPV evaluation metrics
- Very good business knowledge, technical skills (PC, SAP), very good knowledge Operation knowledge, accounting knowledge.
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop staff and provide support/training environment within day to day activities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to challenge others and to drive change.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly analytical - ability to conduct detailed financial analysis
- Ability to think outside of the box and challenge processes and rationale.
- Ability to make financial information "user friendly" to non financial end users.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nigerian Bottling Company career website on www.nbcltdcareers.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Nigerian Bottling CompanySimilar Jobs
- Graduate Executive Assistant to MD, NASCON at Dangote Group
- 2017 Graduate Customer Service Representative at Dangote Group
- Senior Business Development Officer at JMG
- Job Openings at Dow
- Job Opportunities at Mambila Beverages Nigeria Limited
- Sales Vacancy at Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited (Lantern Books)
- Engineering Job Opportunity at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Fresh Vacancy at Perfetti Van Melle