Finance Opportunity at The Nigerian Bottling Company Limited
Posted on: 17 November, 2016
Deadline: 24 November, 2016
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Nigerian Bottling Company
The Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is one of the biggest companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria.
Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- The Regional Commercial Finance Controller will report to Finance Business Partner (Commercial) and will be responsible for ensuring adherence to Commercial Policies & Procedure in Demand & Sub Demand Area.
- He/She will also be responsible for North Region Performance and KBI deliveries.The role holder will be based in Abuja.
- Ensure accurate and timely booking of Revenue, Accrual, Inventory, Account Receivable & Expenses.
- Ensure compliance with Internal Control and audit process.
- Recommend changes in the credit policy to Finance Business Partner Commercial and maintain and uphold the corporate credit policy.
- Supervising the Account Receivable, Claims, Credit Control and Settlement & Billing activities in their regions.
- Ensure SLA on timely and accurate update of requested and approved credit is adhered to.
- Follow up with Commercial Manager on the defaulting dealers for recovery and initiate set up of Credit Representatives Group.
- Review credit limit of outlets periodically to ensure it is in line with purchase capacity and risk assessment of the customer.
- Engage in cross-functional meeting with Commercial and Logistic on DIFOTAI (Delivery in Full ,on time and accurate invoicing)achievement.
- Ensure adherence to cut-off procedures.
- Ensure adherence to Credit Policy.
- Coordinate quarterly provisioning and write-off request. Implementation of dunning procedure and suggestion for changes. Review DSO (Debtor Days of Sales Outstanding) Report and follow up on debt recovery.
- Evaluates customers’ liquidity risk and classify them accordingly to risk categories.
- Advise Management on ageing debts for provision and on bad debt write-off.
- Evaluation and monitoring of customers’ promotion and incentive programmes.
- Monitoring of DME and Commercial budgets for accuracy.
- Ensure settlement and billing activities result in accurate revenue. goods issue update, and update of customers account.
- Cross functional capabilities within the Commercial Finance team to deliver support to all Commercial functions.
- Working with other finance team as well as with teams across company.
- Highlighting the current business results/potential risks.
- Must be able to prepare clear overviews.
- Involvement in Coaching activities
- Be align with the company vision and direction.
- Communication with other departments across company.
- Reviewing current processes and designing new/more efficient ways of utilising current data to provide meaningful reports to Supply chain and to Senior Management Team.
- Participate/lead key initiatives such as productivity and efficiency management.
Desired candidate profile:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, related field or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years experience
- Possession of ICAN or ACCA will be an advantage.
- Strong Analytical skills and experience -Power Point, Excel, SAP, University Degree, English, Judgement
- Ability to set & manage deadlines in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Must be able to explain all variances.
- Accounting knowledge.
- Proven Knowledge of SAP and excel systems.
- Indirect costs understanding, responsibilities, timing, logic of accounting.
- Understanding of Investment appraisal and NPV evaluation metrics
- Very good business knowledge, technical skills (PC, SAP), very good knowledge Operation knowledge, accounting knowledge.
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop staff and provide support/training environment within day to day activities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to challenge others and to drive change.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly analytical - ability to conduct detailed financial analysis
- Ability to think outside of the box and challenge processes and rationale.
- Ability to make financial information "user friendly" to non financial end users.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nigerian Bottling Company career website on www.nbcltdcareers.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Nigerian Bottling CompanySimilar Jobs
- Career Opportunities at Dangote Group
- Career Opportunities at Dangote Group - NASCON Allied Industries Plc
- Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc Recruiting for Business IT & Project Manager
- Dangote Group Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Truck Drivers
- Maintenance Planner at Kimberly-Clark
- Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc Recruiting for Plant Maintenance Manager
- Country Health and Safety Training Manager at a Multinational Manufacturing Company - Aldelia Group
- Jobs at Nampak Cartons Nigeria Limited