EDC is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. EDC designs, implements and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- The USAID/Nigeria’s Northern Education Initiative Plus, being implemented by Creative Associates and EDC, works to improve the quality of and access to education in Nigeria’s Northern States.
- The Program Assistant will support coordination of project activities and the development of reports.
- This reports to the State Team Leader,
- In collaboration with the State Team Leader and Officer, take overall responsibility for coordinating the Program activity-of the project at the state level. Update and share an electronic calendar weekly as activities are scheduled or modified.
- Actively solicit and file appropriately electronic copies of all activity reports from all project staff.
- Match project implementation with the work plan every week and flag areas of action.
- Compile and edit quarterly. semi-annual and annual reports for timely review by the STL for onward and submission to Chief of Party.
- Manage the consultants’ recruitment process compile a database of consultants, develop quarterly plans for consultant needs. obtain SOW from technical staff, contact and communications with consultants, arrange orienting/briefs/training them, assist with retirement and payment)
- Travel to various activities in-and outside of the state and provide support when required.
- Conduct and/or support any special projects or other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Basic Degree in any field with at least 2 years’ experience working in a dynamic Organization.
- S/he will have strong office and organizational skills with competence to set priorities and multi- task in a time-sensitive environment,
- The candidate must he highly creative, witty and able to undertake complex tasks with minimal support.
- Writing and communication skills will he an added advantage.
- Team skills and comfort with computer word processing. spreadsheets and presentation software are a must.
- Agility working with electronic calendars (outlook or Google or other) and file management on networked system are an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and,demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their comprehensive resume with a brief cover letter as ONE MS document or PDF to:
firstname.lastname@example.org If you wish to be considered for a post, please specify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Note: There is no relocation allowance available for this position.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale