Kantar TNS is one of the world’s largest research agencies with experts in over 80 countries. With expertise in innovation, brand and communication, shopper activation and customer relationships we help our clients identify, optimise and activate the moments that matter to drive growth for their business. For more information, please visit us at www.tnsglobal.com
Kantar is one of the world’s leading data, insight and consultancy companies. Working together across the whole spectrum of research and consulting disciplines, its specialist brands, employing 30,000 people, provide inspirational insights and business strategies for clients in 100 countries. Kantar is part of WPP and its services are employed by over half of the Fortune Top 500 companies. For more information, please visit us at www.kantar.com
Purpose of the role
The Senior Researcher / Associate Director – Qualitative in Nigeria, will be responsible for the complete management of business, with direct responsibility managing client relationships and projects and building a strong qualitative team. This role encompasses covering strategic planning, talent management, and delivery of financial targets.
As part of this role you will be required to:
- Develop measurable business/financial goals for self and others
- Be accountable for and drive financial performance for your business unit - achieve annual agreed revenue growth and profitability
- Develop an expertise led organization that aims to exceed client expectations, anticipate future needs and deliver excellence
- Engage in high level client interaction to hunt and lead the development of big business opportunities
- Actively promote a learning culture that accelerates the development of expertise
- This role will be based in Nigeria, but may require working with multiple geographies including occasional travel as needed.
Knowledge and experience required:
- Demonstrate excellence as a Qualitative practitioner and view Qualitative as a strategic, consultative tool
- At least a HND/B.SC or equivalent in Statistics, any of the sciences, 10 - 15 years of market research - related industry experience
- Strong marketing (research) knowledge – at least 5 to 10 years’ experience
- Good leadership skills with a particular emphasis on coaching and mentoring
- Passionate about solving strategic problems through creative, custom solutions
- Previous working in an environment where you can partner with clients on their most critical business challenges
- You have developed your capability to the point where you can confidently challenge clients and help them ask the right questions – not just take client orders
- You are driven by excellence and want to grow client relationships through providing outstanding results
- You have depth of experience in strategic qualitative work, in ethnography based research and in using cultural insight to solve client problems
- You want to use the capability you have developed to increase the expertise of others and help shape our offer
- You show empathy and respect for differences in mindsets and skills in the business environment; respect the values and diversity, skills and background that others bring and effectively utilize this knowledge to lead, motivate and drive change
- You want to be a key part of a team of globally recognized, prestigious leaders driven to put the quality back into qual.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Kantar career website on ldd.tbe.taleo.net to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.