Quality Control Officer Arbico Plc
Posted on: 16 November, 2016
Deadline: 30 November, 2016
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Arbico Plc
Arbico Plc is a full service, building and civil engineering contracting company. It was established in 1958 and has been quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange since 1978. The company has become one of the foremost building construction companies in Nigeria with presence across the geopolitical zones of the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Implement the QA/QC management system at site
- Coordinate with quality inspections with all the site team, sub-contractors and vendors coordinate all non-destructive testing on site
- Coordinate with the customers representative on all quality matters
- Coordinate all receipt inspections
- Distribute relevant QA/QC documentation to site team and subcontractors
- Verify that the quality related site activities are in accordance with the applicable codes and standards
- Participate in the site internal and external site audits
- Coordinate all the quality site inspections
- Control all non-conformance reports and undertake remedial action
- Compete site quality control instructions and action remedial responses
- Review the customers specification and undertake relevant trainings
- Monitor the implementation of the approved site QC Plan
- Complete and coordinate the approval of the sites QC technical submittals to the client
- Coordinate with the site construction manager on all quality issues
- Coordinate and chair the QA/QC site weekly meetings with the projects subcontractors QC personnel
- Conduct field reviews and inspections of ongoing and completed work to verify competency and accuracy with respect to approved construction methods and applications.
- Assist in developing, drafting and enforcing project specific Accident Protection Plan (APP) and Health and Safety Plan (HASP) measures on each project, in conjunction with the Safety Office
- Oversee quality control procedures on construction projects from start to finish, including coordination and review of third-party inspections and material testing.
- Work with the Project Manager(s) to create current and relevant quality control measures and project specific requirements.
- Monitor construction activities to ensure that they are moving according to predetermined schedules, while meeting acceptable construction industry standards.
- Elaborating inspection and test programs
- Ensure the safety is adhered to at site
- Assure all technical documents relative to site quality control are current status
- Minimum of 2nd class upper degree in Civil Engineering
- Membership of relevant professional body (COREN; NSE; PMP)
- Minimum of 10 years construction Industry experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio)
- Required to have a detailed and thorough knowledge and understanding of how to read and comprehend construction drawings, engineering reports, and materials specifications.
- Required to have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all aspects of construction.
- Required to have a thorough knowledge of site and personnel safety methods of construction activities, including personal protective equipment (PPE) and construction equipment safety operations.
- Experienced and trained to ensure that all elements of the approved Quality Control Plan are implemented and enforced on-site
Method of Application
Applicants should send soft copy of their CV's to: email@example.com quoting the job title as subject of their email.
Note: Only candidates who meet the role requirements would be shortlisted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Arbico PlcSimilar Jobs
- Engineers at Ranelle Global Limited
- Engineering Jobs at EPCM Engineers Limited
- Operations Technician at NMR Intercontinental Limited
- Latest Vacancies at Mosra Enerji Limited
- Engineering Jobs at Olu Tee Engineering International Limited
- Senior Accountant at DEME Group
- Latest Jobs at IPI PowerTech
- Projects & Services Engineer at Greenpeg Nigeria Limited