Job Vacancy at Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC) Limited
Posted on: 15 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC)
Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC) Limited is a vibrant and innovative company committed to the goal of developing human capital in organisations for exceptional business results
We build organisations to achieve optimum performance by developing their human capacity to peak productivity levels
We are committed to excellence, service & integrity.
Responsible for overseeing all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. Develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity and direct all farm chemical and fertilizer operations and applications and to supervise all spray operators and equipment operators.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
- Commit to plant safety procedures
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Address employees’ issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements
- Influence and learn from below
- Perform proactive crop protection analysis and evaluation on a regular basis.
- Evaluates current farming practices and makes recommendations based on the results of the evaluation. This includes regular analysis of soil, water and leaf/plants to determine type and quantity of applications required for maximum production.
- Directs and coordinates worker activities related to chemical and fertilizer applications and record keeping.
- Consult with the appropriate manager to ensure clarity of intent and clarity of desired outcomes.
- Reads, interprets, and translates chemical labels to spray operators as needed and monitors and oversees spray applications to ensure safety and accuracy.
- Coordinate growing activities with the appropriate departments to ensure clarity of intent and clarity of desired outcomes.
- Records information, such as farm management practices and production results. Record finished spray activities in the software.
- Keeps accurate records of employee time, equipment usage, routine maintenance and fuel usage.
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper functioning and recommends machinery, equipment and supplies necessary to operate the farm spray program.
- Verify operator knowledge of tasks and specifics of the operating and loading procedures.
- Provide appropriate training and education on the safe use and operation of equipment and spraying techniques.
- Ensure that each operator has appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Determine best customer source for chemicals, fertilizer, etc., based on knowledge and background in the industry.
- Provide direct supervision over staff to include discretionary authority to determine methods of work; plan, assign and direct the work; in coordination with human resources and corporate policy, recommend personnel actions (promotions, salary and wage adjustments, demotions, discipline, discharge, etc.); administer routine performance appraisals; and interview/select employees.
- Maintain staffing at the appropriate levels to operate at peak efficiency and develop continuity in key positions.
- Develop and maintain effective communications between Corporate Management, other employees, and any other individuals that affect the operations of the farm.
- Perform related duties as required.
Qualification and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Agronomy or Production Management desired,
- Minimum of five (5) years work experience that demonstrates successful experience in production
- Knowledge and experience in of Pest Control.
- Proven work experience as a plant manager
- Proven managerial experience
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Knowledge and skill in managing chemical, fertilizer and irrigation applications in the small fruit and tree industry.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing crop output.
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise (Knowledge of farm equipment and machinery and the ability to operate and to effectively train others in the safe operation).
- Ability to motivate, develop and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Ability to evaluate systems – identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the company.
- Ability to communicate and provide information (written and oral)
- Ability to work independently using effective time management and organizational skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC) career website on www.bullhornreach.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC)Similar Jobs
- Investment Banking Associates at Oscar Temple
- ICT Officer at Inter-Arc Consultants Ltd
- Office Manager at Bradfield Consulting Limited
- Sales Roles at Lorache Group
- Administration Officer at Fadac Resources
- Job Vacancies at Whytecleon Limited
- IT Account Manager at WOW Jobs
- Front Desk Officers at Integrated Corporate Services Limited (ICSL)