Job Vacancy at Smooth Promotions
Posted on: 15 November, 2016
Deadline: 30 November, 2016
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at Smooth Promotions
Smooth Promotions is seeking to fill the position below
Job Summary: Responsible for all the practical aspects of lighting sets and locations on Production. He works closely with Production’s team in order to fulfil their creative vision for the production's lighting. He works on all genres of television programming, including multi-camera and single camera shoots, in studios, outside broadcasts etc.
- Responsible for all the practical aspects of lighting sets and locations to fulfill the creative vision of the Director of Programming.
- During pre-production, Gaffer discuss all lighting aspects of the production with relevant heads of department, including crewing and equipment requirements, and shooting dates and durations.
- To attend all technical recces and production meetings as required.
- To carry out detailed risk assessments, advising about any potential problems and suggesting solutions. Working closely with camera, sound and production personnel to create a safe and creative environment for the shoot
- On Outside Broadcasts and location filming, Gaffer supervises the rig of the Lighting equipment (building suitable rigging, setting up lamps, etc.). In studio makes decisions for all permanent lighting and also for additional lamps and other equipment that may need to be added.
- To oversee the arrangements for lighting and power according to the relevant lighting plan.
- During production, supervises all aspects of the lighting department's work, including the operation of computerized lighting boards.
- Once production is completed, he oversees the lighting de-rig, ensuring that all equipment is properly stored, or loaded safely for return.
- 3 – 4 Years relevant experience. First degree in related field.
- Ability to interpret lighting plans, including all aspects of the rig, scale drawings of all lamps and their positions, and what lighting gels and circuits to use
- Have an understanding of all aspects of television production
- Have knowledge of electrical theory and practice
- Be quick and logical in solving problems
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Smooth PromotionsSimilar Jobs
- Career Opportunities at iflix
- Female Reporter/Presenter Specialist at Maxima Productions Company
- Security Men at a Leading National Newspaper
- Head Of Human Resource at MultiChoice
- Jobs at a Reputable Radio Station
- Music Teacher at Orpheus Company Limited
- Graduate Web Developer Trainee Recruitment at KJK.COM.NG
- Psychologist at DM Holdings (DMH)