KOP Surface Products is a leading global supplier of surface production equipment to the oil and gas industry. The main products are surface wellheads and trees for offshore and land-based surface production. The company provides engineering, manufacturing, installation and life-of-field support services and traces its history back to 1934. KOP Surface Products has its headquarters in Singapore and its main manufacturing operations in Batam, Indonesia. It has more than 750 highly qualified employees and a global network of service centers (providing installation and operation support for all products). KOP Surface Products is part of oilfield services investment company Akastor.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job ID #: 22697
Location: Port Harcourt
Job category: Technical/Engineering
Position type: Employee
- To manage the end-to-end operational and administrative requirements and needs of the service base, in accordance to established HSE and Quality procedures.
- To direct and manage all base employees in accordance to pre-set operational requirements.
- To manage and maintain a good working relationship with the local community
Key Accountabilities /Responsibilities
- Act as the key liaison between KOP and all local customers.
- Supervise, manage and mentor all direct reports and ensure that they do the same for their respective teams.
- Monitor inventory levels and systems in the warehouse to ensure all equipment and tools are sufficient and fit for purpose.
- Supervise all workshop and yard activities to ensure all activities are conducted safely.
- Ensure that all equipment is fit for purpose and serviced regularly so as to perform to a high standard and in a safe manner.
- Ensure required equipment is packed and labelled correctly and delivered on time to the rig/platform.
- Issue Delivery Tickets (DT’s) as required for all items leaving the Yard and ensure that all necessary information has been recorded i.e. receiver’s signature & cost centre number.
- Ensure all equipment to be inspected, cleaned and repaired as necessary before being returned to stock.
- Transportation arrangement made for equipment from port to yard and vice versa.
- Conduct regular stock checks on equipment to ensure there is enough available for upcoming operations and Material Request (MR) issued if replacement needed.
- Review all shipping reports and ensure that receiving/deliveries to/from Batam are on time and meet customer’s requirement.
- Ensure all equipment/spares and customers equipment is recorded on an inventory report.
- Maintain good work and personal ethics in line with the company values.
- Follow up drilling plan and prepare equipment and operations at base.
- Responsible for personnel development and training of all employees at the base. To recommend training requirements as/when required to Singapore for further action.
- Ensure all documents for revenue generation are signed in a timely manner.
- Ensure Call Off for Personnel are clear and correct.
- Attend customer meetings regularly to follow the requirements
Qualifications & Personal Attributes
- Minimum Diploma in a Technical field
- Engineering degree would be beneficial but is not required
- Minimum 10 years of technical working experience.
Abilities and Knowledge:
- Proven ability to manage and provide meaningful direction to a diverse group of employees and
- Strong negotiation and people management skills
- Flexible attitude towards work and an eagerness to learn new skills.
- Familiar with engineering drawings and knowledge in maintenance of tools & pressure testing.
- Full understanding of wellhead installation procedures.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Able to read, understand and give instructions in English.
- Strong team player and motivator.
- IT literate.
- Friendly colleagues in an industry with a bright future.
- An environment where you are encouraged to develop your skills and share your knowledge with your colleagues.
- Competitive benefits and strong focus on work-life balance.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to KOP Surface Products career website on careers.peopleclick.eu.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.