Women for Women International (WfWI) - In countries affected by conflict and war, Women for Women International (WfWI) supports the most marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge, and resources, she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her family, and community.
Since 1993, Women for Women International (WfWI) has helped nearly 429,000 marginalized women in countries affected by war and conflict. We directly work with women in eight countries, offering support, tools, and access to life-changing skills to move from crisis and poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Duration: One Year
- In partnership with Solar Sister Clean Energy, a vacancy exists for the role of Project Officer. The Project Officer will play a central role in training, coaching and mentoring poor and marginalized women to achieve economic boost/stability through entrepreneurship in clean solar products (light and stoves).
- The successful candidate must have a clear understanding of the role, be positive minded, self-driven and highly passionate.
- This position will be in Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria and reports to the Economic Empowerment Manager.
- Work with the Economic Empowerment team and Solar Sister to ensure that all project activities are completed on time and within budget.
- Work closely with Solar Sister sales rep to schedule visits to project location and oversee trainings, meetings and follow up on enrolled entrepreneurs to achieve project goal.
- Effective and accurately communicate relevant information to the project team.
Planning & Implementation:
- Ensure that project goals and objectives within the scope of work are accomplished and reported appropriately.
- Track job progress, gather and organize necessary project data daily.
- Plan, organize, review and implement project activities, and report project status to the Economic Empowerment Manager regularly.
- Train, coach and mentor women using established standards and requirements.
- Perform administrative responsibilities, including but not limited to planning project schedules, appointments and travels to carry out project activity
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
Qualification & Competencies
- Minimum requirement of a Degree in Social Sciences with emphasis on Economics, Marketing, Business Administration or Management.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced organization
- Strong multi-tasking, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good customer-service orientation, strong focus and goal oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint packages
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver effective results, meet deadlines and achieve targets
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent problem-solver and team player
- Skilled enterprise/business and negotiating skills
- Skilled team player in enterprise/business and negotiations.
- Ability to communicate convincingly and influence target audience
- Proven commitment to diversity and equality culture
- Strong working knowledge of Hausa language
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their CV's and Cover Letters and 3 professional references to: email@example.com Please put “Project Officer” in the subject line.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be invited to interview. No telephone inquiries please.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale