Finance and Administration Officer at Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION)
Posted on: 14 November, 2016
Deadline: 25 November, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Marie Stopes
Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a results-oriented social enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide family planning and other reproductive healthcare clinical services in underserved communities. MSION’s goal is to dramatically improve access to family planning and related reproductive health services to reduce maternal mortality and ultimately poverty in Nigeria.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which operates in 37 countries and is the largest non-Governmental provider of family planning in the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
- Daily transaction inputting into Marie Stopes International’s SUN system
- Management of the petty cash/float for the region
- Review of budget amount against actual of expenditures.(Variance Analysis)
- Contribute to monthly management and periodic statutory reports
- Ensuring Regional field office funds request are in line with specific project budget and allowable expenses
- Salary payments and remittance of all statutory deductions to appropriate authorities
- Timely payments to Mobilizers, casual/contract staff, providers of products and services
- Distributors/sales agents account management and reconciliation.
- Coordinate payments for all project activities.
- Ensure proper controls are place at enter/clinic and provide support to centre mangers in time
- Ensure WHT are being deducted and deposited to authorities/states in time
- Ensure assets are properly accounted for and maintained at the regional level.
Logistics and Administration:
- Management of MSION store at the regional level
- Ensure the smooth running of MSION of in the region.
- Performing Logistics functions - Booking of Hotels for various activities and reconciliation of bills before making payments.
- Procurement functions at the regional level - Ensure procurement policies are followed and committee meets to approve bids analysed.
- Ensure the stock and store are properly managed as per MSI stock policy
- Ensure all fixed assets are tagged and tracked properly
- Administer the use of project vehicles and ensure maintenance.
- Any other task assigned by line manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- B.Sc/HND Accounting
- Professional qualification ACA/ACCA is mandatory
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role with an INGO/NGO, private or public organisation
- Ability to use SUN Accounting package
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask, manage a workload and produce high quality, on-time work
Method of Application
Applicantss should apply by email with CV's and suitability statement as a single attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organisation. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- The subject of the email should be the Position Title/Location and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and closure date might be changed without prior notice.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Marie StopesSimilar Jobs
- Humanitarian Nutrition Adviser at Save the Children Nigeria
- Business Development Advisor at Plan International
- Procurement/Logistics Officer at Helen Keller International
- Helper (Cook) at the the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Job Vacancies at Neem Foundation
- Executive Officer at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Job Opportunities at the Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Programme Officer (Francophone) at Centre For Democracy & Development (CDD)