If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Control Risks is an independent, specialist risk consultancy providing solutions for businesses to manage political, security and integrity risks, enabling them to operate successfully in challenging environments. We are looking for motivated and highly skilled people to join our business intelligence team in West Africa, based in our Lagos, Nigeria office.
Employer vision We provide real benefit to many of the world’s leading organisations. In doing so we give our people direct responsibility, career development and the opportunity to work on some fascinating projects in a rewarding, diverse and enjoyable environment.
- Day-to-day operational management of the consultants and client requirements in Nigeria;
- Ensure that all teams are fully manned, maximising revenue;
- Train and brief Control Risks Services West Africa (CRSWA) consultants prior to deployments about Control Risks and client operations to ensure that they are able to work to the agreed scope of work and understand their role;
- Quality assure and quality control (QA/QC) the output of deployed consultants;
- Manage CRSWA operational tasks throughout West Africa in conjunction with the current Operations Manager (Nigeria);
- Become a reliable point of contact for each client to establish a strong business relationship;
- Assist in the implementation of the local content strategy for the country;
- Regularly liaise with the Global Risks Analysis (GRA) department’s analysts in order to maintain an up to date understanding of the threat to businesses operating in Nigeria;
- Liaison with international Control Risks offices on operational matters pertaining to Nigeria and West Africa.
- Identify and pursue business leads with other departments and offices of Control Risks;
- Support the Operations Manager (Nigeria) in maintaining and developing client relations in order to grow existing contracts;
- Work with Global Client Services (GCS) and the Operations Manager (Nigeria) to create and exploit sales leads with clients;
- Support the Group Africa team in developing strategies and sales leads for the region;
- Work to ensure ‘One Firm’ delivery to clients;
- Exploit short term tasks as sales-leads.
- Responsible for scoping and delivering consulting tasks across the region;
- Assist in reducing debtor days;
- Control and improve the cost base of the Nigeria operation;
- Continually improve business processes.
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in a similar working environment;
- Excellent communication in English and French language (verbal and written)
- A proven commercial ability in client relationship and account management in developing countries;
- Nigeria/West Africa Experience
- Ex-military Background
- A degree in relevant disciplines and/or other appropriate professional qualifications
- All employees are expected to display behaviours reflective of our company values that of: Integrity and Ethics, Collaboration and Teamwork, Commitment to People and Professionalism and Excellence
- Embraces a changing environment, adapts well to changing demands and ambiguous situations and adapts own behaviour accordingly.
- Expresses self clearly & displays sensitivity to develop constructive relationship with others. Shows understanding of others in order to influence as appropriate
- Ambassadorial and Professional
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should email the following:
- Covering letter (maximum of one page) explaining;How your experience(s)/qualifications fit the position; and Reasons why you want to work for Control Risks.
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum of two pages), stating current salary.
Use ''Operations Manager, West Africa' as the subject title, of their email application to email@example.com
Note: Candidates should Please comply with the above standard as it determines the success of your application.