Are you a creative person? Do you have passion for generating good ideas individually or with a team? Do you have experience facilitating creative processes?
Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB), Nigeria’s premiere social innovation centre seeks an experienced Service Designer to conceptualise & manage co-creation events and projects within our Open Living Labs. As Service Designer, you will conceptualise and execute programmes that focus on smart application of technology to solve problems for startups, civil society, government and corporate clients in and beyond Nigeria.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute projects that promote design thinking as an effective means for addressing social & commercial challenges in Nigeria
- Lead in the delivery of a range of co-creation projects, defining project scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Organise and support facilitation of events including stakeholder workshops, ideation sessions and hackathons
- Inspire innovative approaches to design, using creative facilitation techniques and taking the lead at client meetings, internal company meetings, brainstorms and external design events
- Identify and engage new stakeholders to get involved in CcHub’s co-creation processes including research institutes, NGOs, government agencies, technical partners and end-users
- Establish relationships and liaise with key stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle
- Break down business, user, and technology requirements into digestible components for design teams
- Instil project teams with the confidence and discipline to explore innovative design solutions while respecting client deadlines and other constraints
- Lead in collecting data that shows the impact through the solutions we bring to market
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Director of Open Living Labs
QUALIFICATION & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Relevant academic background in Business / Design / Innovation / Engineering / Digital
- Understanding of design thinking methodologies and their applications
- A self-starter who’ll find opportunities and addresses problems proactively
- Professional, flexible and able to thrive in a fast moving environment
- Passionate and enthusiastic about experience design excellence
- Understanding of contemporary social issues in Nigeria and efforts towards their resolution
- Strong interest in technology & social entrepreneurship in Nigeria and beyond
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build and manage relationships
This position offers a competitive salary depending on applicant’s experience
Method of Application
Please send through a CV and cover letter explaining why you are the best person for the role in an email with the subject ‘Service Designer OLL’ to email@example.com.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.