Guinness Nigeria Plc - We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world's leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) business and currently operates on 3 sites within Nigeria with a portfolio of products including Stout, Malta, Lager, Spirits and Ready to drink brands. Nigeria is the 2nd largest market for the Guinness Stout brand globally. It is quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a significant player in the national economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Type of Job: Employee
Reports To: Consumer Connections Manager
Guinness Nigeria is a focused business unit that delivers significant volume and profit to Diageo (parent company). Consumer planning has a critical role and responsibility of leading the business to make the right strategic and commercially savvy evidence- based decisions, within the ever-changing context of our consumers and customers lives. Over the last three years the Consumer Connections Planning team has been transformed within the Diageo business. This has seen the team move away from research orientation and towards planning, focused on:
- Using research to drive growth
- Focused on consumer understanding and insights that is actionable & drives growth
- Focused on implications not information
- Simplifying & providing clear direction
- Management and Accountability for implementation of Consumer Planning and Research Budget.
- Work across all Nigeria to drive insights that will unlock growth, drive profitability and to deliver market share for Guinness Nigeria Spirits & Ready-To-Drink (RTD) Brands.
Purpose of Role
- To champion & drive world class understanding of consumer attitudes, motivations and trends that can be leveraged to grow our brands
Top 3- 5 Accountabilities
- Proactively defines & communicates opportunities for growth for the market, categories and brands and articulates what it will take to realize these opportunities
- Externally attentive -to culture, trends and market place dynamics, to detect the factors that could positively or negatively impact growth.
- Support development & implementation of brand strategy and communication through facilitating a deep understanding of the consumers.
- Seeks out deep consumer / shopper / category insight and implications that will drive penetration growth
- Transform research outputs into simple, actionable implications
- Fuels the business with consumer/ shopper led provocations and understanding to instigate change
- Synthesizes data and understanding from multiple sources -quantitative and qualitative and joins the dots in a meaningful, actionable way
- Ensure that consumer knowledge is clearly reported and interpreted within the framework of brand related issues (Brand Tracking Study)
- Lead regular brand activity reviews (QBRs), keeping the brand teams informed and updated
- Custodian of brand building thinking (DWBB/NGM)
- Ensures learning from measurement & evaluation are applied to increase productivity of our A&P spend
- Ruthlessly prioritizes and focuses on tasks that add maximum value to Diageo, stops or delegates everything else.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- University degree in Marketing / Business or other related discipline preferred though not essential. Postgraduate Qualifications an advantage
- Proven and strong Brand and Trade marketing experience (3-5 years) within an FMCG organization with a planning, brand & consumer focus, or a research agency background
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative research techniques
- Can demonstrate excellent Commercial judgment & acumen.
- Is experienced at managing key stakeholders nationally & internationally.
Policies highly relevant to the Marketing Function:
- Diageo Marketing Code, Environment Policy, Competition & Anti - Trust Policy, External Communications Policy, Anti-corruption Policy, Occupational Health and Safety Policy, Corporate Security Policy, Employee Alcohol Policy, IMS Policy, Anti-discrimination & Human Rights Policy.
- In addition, the Company has 15 (fifteen) global policies and a Code of Business.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Guinness Nigeria Plc career website on sjobs.brassring.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.