Operations Manager at a Premier Dry Cleaning Service Provider
Posted on: 11 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Janitorial Services / Environment
View Jobs posted same day
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
A premier Dry Cleaning Service provider, with branches located in Lagos metropolis, Nigeria, providing dry cleaning service for virtually all items of clothing. We were the first International Style dry cleaning and laundry company to be established in Nigeria and a member of the Guild of Cleaners and Launderers in the United Kingdom.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Type: Contract (2 years)
- The Operations Manager takes ownership and drives the Operational Strategies, Productivity and the pursuance of increasing Quality Standards and revenue growth within the Company.
- To achieve and exceed the agreed profit target
- To ensure the efficient running of all departments - Production, Transport, Stockroom, Engineering and QHSE within agreed budgets and legal restrictions
- Provide the required leadership and technical skills to help improve the productivity, efficiency and quality control of factory operations
- Through self-development and the monitoring of industry advances, disseminate best practice
- To ensure that customer avoidable losses are minimised through a continuous review of service levels and management of customer complaints
- Ensuring that the quality of goods and services produced by the company meet the defined quality standards
- Benchmark and develop a customer focused quality and service culture within the Company
- To provide operational support to all departments including retail management to ensure that sales opportunities are maximised
- To assist the CEO and the Group Finance Manager in producing plant annual business budget for turnover, profit and operational costs
- To actively participate within the Senior Management team in providing the business support and guidance necessary for the Company to achieve medium and long term goals
Qualification and Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor Degree or its equivalents in any field from a reputable institution
- Master's degree in operations and production Management or related field will be an added advantage
- Professional certification(s) in Operations/Project Management.
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years significant working experience of which 5 must be at a senior level in a manufacturing/production environment
- Should be able to show track record of effective management of successful teams
- Proven experience of managing operations of up to 500 employees
- Proven expertise of change management and extent of success recorded
Knowledge and Skill Required:
- Must speak English Language
- Strong general management and demonstrated leadership skills
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods/materials
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems
- Demonstrate customer service initiatives.
Attractive and suitable expatriate package.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs