If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
eHealth Africa (eHA) is a data-driven, solutions-oriented innovator dedicated to improving people’s access to high-quality health systems in Africa.
Our highly collaborative approach convenes public health professionals across sectors to tackle Africa’s greatest health challenges. Using data and informatics to inform solutions, eHealth Africa addresses a community’s most difficult health needs with knowledge, passion and integrity.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for creating continuous integration and deployment pipelines for a variety of different engagements and technologies. S/he translates software requirements into workable programming code as well as develops and maintains programs for business use.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates continuous integration and deployment pipelines for a variety of different technologies
- Collaborates with the product and engineering teams to design, build and maintain efficient tools and frameworks to manage highly performant applications
- Troubleshoots development and production problems across multiple environments
- Develops state-of-the-art monitoring and metrics gathering systems
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools
- Provides thought-leadership relating to emerging technologies and makes recommendations how to integrate them into business operations
- Follows best practices for quality, testability & operability
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or related field
- Minimum of 4 years practical development or operational experience or equivalent
- Experience leveraging Docker and Vagrant within a local development workflow
- Experience with deployment of production code leveraging Docker containers
- Background in Python- or Java-based backend services
- Experience using cloud services (AWS preferred) and a variety of open source technologies
- Experience using Git
- Experience and preference for working within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Fluent in English, French is desired
Why work for us?
Life at eHealth Africa means not only working towards saving thousands of lives, but also collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for innovative technology. We offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members’ health and well-being is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
go to method of application »
Summary: The Senior GIS Technical Lead supports the GIS Department Manager with planning, organizing and supervision of the day to day activities of the technical operations team within the GIS Department. S/he supports the maintenance and management of all databases, equipment, software and servers. S/he provides day to day technical support/supervision to the team.
Essential duties and Responsibilities: will work under the supervision of the GIS Department Manager to perform the following responsibilities:
- Provides daily supervision and coordination support to the GIS team.
- Provides day to day technical assistance and support to the GIS team.
- Supervises the development of processes to automate tasks for efficient management of the GIS database and system.
- Supervises the documentation of technical processes and requirements.
- Performs advanced geospatial processing and analysis.
- Provides direct GIS applications and software technical support.
- Supports the GIS Manager in the training and development of the eHealth Africa GIS team.
- Supports business development activities within the department (e.g. proposal writing).
- Supervises the m years of GIS development and minimum of 2 years management experience
- Significant and advanced GIS experience may substitute for the Master’s degree.
- Strong technical management skills, including scoping and scheduling technical tasks, experience with budgeting and proposal writing.
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective teams, ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making. Training and presentation experience is preferred. Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem solving skills. Excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational and management skills. Pays great attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- In-depth knowledge of GIS, databases, GIS principles, practices and techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information technology with the ability to perform detailed and independent technical reviews of work products.
- Creativity and the ability to successfully manage multiple assignments independently. Ability to work under pressure, and manage significant travel to insecure environments.
- Proven ability to work with diverse and large teams and to foster a positive working environment with local and international stakeholders
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively communicate via writing, public speaking and interpersonal interactions.
- Good learning ability. Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment
Certificates and Licence
GISP Certification through GIS Certification Institute is preferred.
A Project Management (PMI) certification or PRINCE2 is preferred.
Proficiency in working with Open Source GIS (QGIS, PostGIS and Geoserver), data transformation tools (FME Desktop, Kettle and python) and Commercial GIS (ArcInfo, ArcView, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox), ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server.
Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyse, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executive and senior managers, employees, the general public and clients/partners.
go to method of application »
The Technical Team Manager is responsible for the successful creation and delivery of software projects requested by the in-country teams. S/he will be responsible for the overall planning, management and deployment of these software projects to both cloud hosting providers and in-country machines. S/he will be required to manage software teams as well as work with clients and partners to develop project scope, technical specifications and functional requirements for software projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for deployment of and support for technical projects including development of rollout and training plans, and coordination of staff to achieve timely deployment and consistent support for products and services
- Works with relevant stakeholders to ensure projects have appropriate documentation before, during and after development which includes functional requirements, technical specifications, proposals and user acceptance tests
- Performs code reviews
- Assists with estimations for development level of effort
- Performs technical evaluations of senior developers and UX designers
- Responsible for overall delivery of project work including timeliness, budget and quality
- Mentors and provides expertise to other project team members
- Provides management with monthly financial reporting for software projects
- Hiring and evaluation of software teams in close collaboration with Head of Engineering Operations
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Computer Science or other related field
- 5+ years of commercial software, DevOps and management experience or an equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with, corporate executives, general public and staff
- Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem solving skills
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational and management skills
- Pays great attention to detail
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial management
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management
- Fluent in English; knowledge of French is a bonus
go to method of application »
Summary: The Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) Coordinator supports the Deputy Country Director Programs to strengthen and implement monitoring, evaluation and research strategies and plans for eHealth Africa’s Nigeria Office. This role serves the organization's goals, which helps eHA use data to drive decision making through continuous monitoring of program data across multiple programs at eHA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists eHA in strengthening existing programs systems through ensuring that monitoring, evaluation and research principles are well integrated in eHA programs
- Develops and regularly reviews the tools for program monitoring and makes adjustments to facilitate objective measurement of indicators included in program/ project’s Results Frameworks
- Liaises with Program / Project Managers to collect and analyze priority data and determine progress achieved by individual projects
- Supports Program / Project Managers with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Research areas of their reporting to funders, as needed
- Ensures understanding of best practices around the areas of monitoring, evaluation and research in public health
- Facilitates in maintaining the data source registry in coordination with Global Health Informatics team.
- Initiates research using a combinations of research methods that leads to knowledge generation, which would render the program / projects of eHA to continue, redesign or adjust based on these findings
- Develops research and learning products for internal and external dissemination, including literature reviews and peer reviewed publications, etc.
- Supports other departments and programs with research dissemination needs including development of research posters and presentations, and review of manuscripts for publication
- Works with eHA’s Grants & Contracts office and Business Development to coordinate the submission of proposals to various funding organizations, in close collaboration with the Deputy Country Director of Programs & Operations and the Senior Finance Manager
- Works in close liaison with the Knowledge Management Coordinator to prepare media packages for various audience; and identifies key conferences and workshops of strategic interest to eHA to showcase eHA relevant projects
- Attends and participates in professional associations, meetings, seminars, conferences and trainings to stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of monitoring, evaluation, and research
- Travel between work sites
- Performs any other duties assigned by management
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision
- Is consistently at work and on time and adheres to Policies and Procedures
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Master’s degree from college or university in Public Health, Health Research, Statistics, Business, Economics, Project Management, Information Management, or a related field. Advanced research Management experience may substitute for the Master’s degree
- 5 years of experience with demonstrated results in areas covering: coordinating research, program monitoring, and program evaluation. This includes writing program reports and briefs, updating results trackers, organizing dissemination events, and presenting findings. Extensive experience in health research, health impact assessments, and analysis
- Ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively approach program monitoring and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Must possess the ability to organize, instruct and supervise staff while promoting group effort and achievement
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively
- Action oriented and resilient in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to foster a positive working environment
- Ability to manage a complex and varied workload, work under pressure, and manage
- Some travel may be required
Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program. Knowledge of data analysis software programs (e.g. Stata, SAS, SPSS, Epi Info, R)
English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in Hausa is desirable
Ability to apply statistical knowledge and skills
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.