eRecruiter Nigeria - Our Client is a privately owned multi specialist hospital and a reputable health care facility located in Lagos state. A full-fledged modern hospital that provides high-quality clinical services and also provides general health care services, 24 hour pharmacy services, diagnostic services and training to doctors. It is well equipped with state of art equipment and the objective is to become a world-class hospital.
They currently have an opening for a Pharmacy Technician.
Reports to: The Lead Pharmacist
A pharmacy technician accurately and efficiently prepares prescription orders, thereby verifying prescription information and dosage. Entering patient and order information into the pharmacy system processing and submitting insurance claims and also providing quality customer service to patients and other healthcare providers.
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organizes medications to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians' orders and prescriptions.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs all functions or duties under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist on duty
- Ensures necessary communications are provided to the patient, such as special instructions, directions regarding medications, if an item is out of stock and must await delivery, etc…
- Checks items for appropriate ‘shelf life’ remaining before expiration
- Minimum of a Diploma or HND in Pharm Tech from a recognized Polytechnic or College of Health Sciences
- Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Attention to detail
- Ability to analyze reports effectively and provide dependable information.
- A minimum of 3 years varied working experience
- Must have previously worked or currently works in a private hospital
- HMO knowledge is key
As a pharmacist you will be responsible for preparing and administering appropriate pharmaceuticals to patients. You will achieve this either by executing a physician’s order or by addressing the patient’s problems and needs.
The goal is to ensure effective medication use and become the people’s trusted ally against health issues. That way you can deliver maximum value to both the pharmacy and Hospital in general.
- Review and execute physician’s prescriptions checking their appropriateness and legality
- Organize the pharmacy in an efficient manner to make the identification of products easier and faster
- Maintain full control over delivering, stocking and labeling medicine and other products and monitor their condition to prevent expiring or deterioration
- Instruct patients on how and when to take a prescribed medicine and inform them about potential side effects they may experience from taking the medicine
- Oversee the work of pharmacy technicians and pharmacists in training (interns)
- Check whether the prescription will interact negatively with other drugs that a patient is taking or any medical conditions the patient has
- Keep records of patient history and of all activities regarding heavy medication
- Proven experience as a pharmacist
- Minimum of two (2) years experience
- Thorough understanding of dosage administration and measurement, chemical compounds, medical brands etc.
- Integrity and compassion
- Degree in Pharmacy/Pharmacology
- Valid licence to practice the profession (member of the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria)
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication skills with a customer oriented approach
- Must have had work experience or currently works at a private hospital
The Lead Pharmacist is responsible for the efficient operation of the hospital pharmacy. The Lead Pharmacist establishes standards of quality, productivity and performance in accordance with the Hospital policies, procedures and requirements
of State and Federal regulatory agencies. Will adhere to the Mission and Values of the hospital. Supervises Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacy Assistants. The Lead Pharmacist is responsible to the Executive Director/CEO.
- Ensures that the department functions are run smoothly and in compliance with PharmAccess Quality standards.
- Coordinates and supervises department operation.
- Develops and maintains pharmacy services in accordance with State and Federal regulations, accepted standards, professional practices and hospital policies.
- Creates and maintains job description and completes annual performance reviews on all employees in a timely manner.
- Initiates and implements Quality Improvement for the department.
- Selects, orientates, supervises, instructs and dismisses departmental personnel.
- Responsible for the planning, supervision, coordination and successful execution of all activities related to the pharmacy’s operations.
- Supervises departmental personnel including: hiring, orientation, determining workload and delegating assignments, training, monitoring, scheduling and evaluating performance, and initiative corrective and disciplinary actions.
- Prepares and dispenses medicines, chemicals and pharmaceutical preparations according to written orders by authorized medical practitioners with clinical privileges.
- Develop and implement clinical pharmacy standards to ensure safe and effective use of medicines throughout the Hospital.
- Provide clinical training in medicines to nursing and other professional staff around the safe and effective use of medicines.
- Provide a highly specialized clinical service to all wards and departments in accordance with professional, departmental and Hospital policies. This will include:
- Attendance on consultant or other senior doctors’ ward rounds to advise on appropriate medicines use.
- Taking drug histories on admission from patient’s, their relatives or general practitioners.
- Independently reviewing patients’ prescriptions and medication to ensure safe and effective use and deciding upon treatment options with the responsible medical staff.
- Formulation of individual pharmaceutical care plans.
- Review and update of care plans depending on response, results of Investigations and adverse effects.
- Therapeutic drug monitoring for specific drugs. Educating and independently advising patients on the purpose of safe and effective use of their medicines including those patients who are anxious and emotionally distressed.
- Develop evidence based treatment protocols for use within the Hospital.
- Facilitate implementation of local and national guidelines where appropriate.
- Informing medical and nursing staff regarding any inappropriate or dangerous
- use of medicines and ensuring timely remedial action.
- Documenting advice and interventions within patients’ case notes in a manner that
- demonstrates professional accountability.
- Resolve highly complex or contentious pharmaceutical care issues using an advanced
- level of clinical reasoning and judgment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Pharmacy from a relevant university is Compulsory.
- Must have previously worked or currently works in a private Hospital.
- Candidates must be registered with Pharmacists Council of Nigeria with at least 5 years post NYSC experience.
- Post-holder should be a member of the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Internet.
- Requires ability to relate in a respectful, professional, courteous manner with all employees and outside agencies.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical/clinical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills, significant decision making abilities and effective conflict resolution skills in day-to-day management activities.
- Must have strong background in managing people.
- Requires ability to be culturally sensitive to patient and staff needs.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, patients and the general public.
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.