Finance Opening at Save the Children
Posted on: 9 November, 2016
Deadline: 18 November, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Save The Children
Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in over 20 countries around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves.
We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children’s mission is to Inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Save The Children is looking to add a skilled Proposal Budget/Costing Specialist who is passionate about being a part of a global team of individuals committed to improving the lives of children in Nigeria.
- This is a short-term position for initial six months with option to renew and/or convert into a full-time posts.
- The post holder is responsible for analyzing and determining the essential cost elements needed for each proposal submission, in relation to the donor’s requirements, and provides timely and effective leadership, guidance and support throughout the proposal development process.
- The Proposal Budget/Costing Specialist works as part of the Program Development and Quality team to assist in development of proposal budgets.
- Thoroughly review solicitations/calls for funding and become an expert on funder instructions and requirements
- Develop proposal budget templates and guidance
- During proposals, work closely with technical advisors to identify and cost for project activities
- During proposals, work closely across all units such as Operations, Human Resource, Security, Logistics and Finance to identify and budget for operational costs
- Improve budgeting tools and processes within the Save the Children Nigeria CO, in line with Save the Children International and donor guidance
- Ensure that realistic, comprehensive and accurate budgets accompany all proposals
- Build staff capacity in budget development and budget-related areas of donor compliance; preferably including commercial contracts
Successful candidates should have:
- Experience leading in the development of budgets for proposals for donors such as USAID, DFID, other bilaterals, foundations and/or corporations
- Experience with non-profit accounting, budget analysis and development
- Knowledge of donor rules and regulations
- Ability to work with technical experts to cost out proposed project activities
- Experience working with field office staff and/or headquarters staff to jointly develop proposal budgets
- Preference for candidates with contract/commercial budgeting experience
- Experience building the capacity of appropriate staff on the business/cost proposal process in accordance with Save the Children policies.
- Master's degree or equivalent experience in a related field required.
- Minimum 5 years overall experience, with 2-3 years developing project budgets
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team to meet deliverables
- Ability to cost for complex programs
- Ability to communicate guidance clearly to non-Finance staff
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Excel skills
- Ability to consistently meet multiple deadlines.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Save The Children career website on savethechildrenng.simplicant.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Save The ChildrenSimilar Jobs
- Project Officer at Search For Common Ground
- Job Vacancies at TechnoServe
- Latest Jobs at Mercy Corps
- Research Officer At The Population Council
- Radio Operator At The World Health Organization
- Finance Coordinator At Christian Aid
- Country Director at Chemonics International Inc
- Senior Advisor at Marie Stopes International