Information Technology Role at Arbico Plc
Posted on: 8 November, 2016
Deadline: 22 November, 2016
View Jobs in Building / Construction
View All Jobs at Arbico Plc
Arbico Plc is a full service, building and civil engineering contracting company. It was established in 1958 and has been quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange since 1978. The company has become one of the foremost building construction companies in Nigeria with presence across the geopolitical zones of the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Reports to: ICT Officer
Job Grade/Level: Middle
- Responsible for supporting the ICT department as and when necessary in the delivery of ICT projects, and maintaining and supporting ICT systems, solutions and services across Arbico Plc.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Deals with the day to day issues of maintaining a trouble free environment for effective use of ICT equipment.
- Assists staff to overcome any difficulties they may be experiencing e.g. printer failure, poor PC performance, network failure, etc.
- Updates the ICT Officer of any potential/serious issues or problems that need attention.
- Perform daily checks on all ICT equipment to ensure it is in acceptable working order.
- Participate in the scheduled testing and maintenance of all ICT equipment.
- Assists the ICT Officer in the requesting and deployment of computer hardware and devices across the company.
- Maintains computer peripheral equipment such as scanners, printers, smart boards, and projectors; ensure that these are prepared and ready to be used.
- Set up, maintain and remove user network accounts where appropriate.
- Undertake training of new staff and non-computer literate staff as required to enable work to be carried out to a high standard.
- Regularly takes stock level of all ICT Consumables
- Maintains and monitor Internet link equipment in the main office and all sites to ensure connectivity.
- Conducts regular back up of File servers and Email servers.
- Ensures the Anti-virus Software is updated on the servers and workstation.
- Assists in setup, configuration and maintenance of all company servers, desktops, mobiles, hardware, systems and applications
- Assists in-house users on all aspects of IT support
- Manages all company backups and assist in disaster recovery process
- Helps develop and maintain IT documentation, processes and procedures
- Any other duties assigned by Management
- Key Performance Indicators
- Response time to IT issues
- Zero downtime on all IT related issues
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
- Multitasking skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and IT software and applications
- People management skills
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Organisational skills
- Analytical and attention to details.
Method of Application
Applicants should send soft copy of their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Arbico PlcSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at Design Genre
- Marketing Executives at Mabco-Dee Investments Limited
- Technical Jobs at Central Realties Limited
- Job Opportunity at EMKAAN
- Documentation And Bidding Officers at Willers Solutions
- Quantity Surveyors at a Quantity Surveying Academy - Fosad Consulting
- Latest Vacancies at Arbico Plc
- Job Openings at Willco