If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises works with the poor and excluded; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
AAN is inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the position below:
- The post holder will coordinate the operationalisation of effective and appropriate systems and processes for planning, measuring progress and impact, learning and reporting across the organisation.
- S/he will also ensure that ActionAid Nigeria Accountability, Learning and Planning System (ALPS) requirements is met at all levels.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Planning and Reporting:
- Promote and support AAI’s Accountability, Learning and Planning (Alps) system
- Coordinate the overall planning processes across the organisation including analysing organisation-wide plans (three-year and operational) to ensure delivery of strategic objectives, and prepare gap analysis and gap closure recommendations for review at Country Management Team (CMT)
- Coordinate the development of organisation-wide report, management updates and other reports as necessary to ensure accountability.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning:
- Work collaboratively with heads of units to develop systems for monitoring progress against country strategy papers and other strategies
- Develop standards and tools and provide technical advice – guidance, coaching, training - to local and national programme teams and implementing partners on M&E
- Coordinate the annual Participatory Review and Reflection process (PRRP) with programme partners and in development of Annual Progress Document
- Responsible for quality control of evaluations, partnership appraisals and peer reviews
- Ensure that gender, power analysis and rights perspectives are fully incorporated into ActionAid’s planning, monitoring and evaluation processes
- Ensure implementing partners’ compliance with agreed programme standards including meeting reporting requirements.
- Co-ordinate the operationalization of action research to elicit issues impacting on power, poverty, gender and vulnerability especially from the perspective of the poor and excluded people.
- Actively engage in applied research to increase capacity in the organisation to test theories of change and promote innovation leading to increased impact
Management Information Systems:
- Oversee the management of the Impact Assessment and Shared Learning unit
- Position Data Management System (DMS) as a core part of meeting the information needs of the organisation in an efficient and cost effective way
- Participate in the development and implementation of programme and organisation learning activities of AAN.
- Develop and support the operationalisation of management information systems (MIS) for capturing and managing data including baseline and coverage information, emanating from programme work in the communities.
- Ensure performance management and staff development of both direct reports and staff in extended matrix teams
- Monitor the team’s performance against the agreed organisational standards and ensure that problems are identified and resolved
- Foster the necessary consultation, communications and good relation with other departments and the entire organisation
- Responsible for Impact Assessment and Shared Learning budget
- Support the various themes in the development of funding proposals for programme work, especially in definition of progress and impact assessment processes.
- Build and sustain networks with organisations and practitioners working in the areas of impact assessment and shared learning with a view to influencing and learning from approaches and practices beyond AAN
- Assume any other responsibilities relevant to the position as assigned by the Director of Programmes
- Represent AAN and ensure the maintenance of optimum relations at all levels with Government agencies, Private Organisations, as well as Non-Governmental Organisation in the Nigeria.
- AAI team, Partners, Networks & Donors
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or Arts/Humanities
- Membership of relevant professional Institute
- Master's degree in a related field
- A minimum of 5 years work experience 3 of which must be in the development sector in a similar role
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation skills and familiarity with the range of approaches and methods currently being deployed in the development sector
- Local Human Rights Based Approach programming and monitoring experience, including working with partners and social movements and/or experience designing and monitoring campaigns
- Deep understanding of and commitment to human rights based approach including women’s rights, with knowledge of methodologies that are effective in monitoring and evaluation HRBA programming
Skills and Abilities
- Strong writing skills
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Ability to influence and encourage others to new concepts and ways of working within an environment of change
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Demonstrable IT skills
- Highly numerate
- Excellent Skills in policy analysis and interpretation
- A person of integrity
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Self motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Proven Leadership Qualities
- Effectively promote the AAN’s mission, values and objectives
Method of Application
Applicants should download the application form below, fill and sent in an MSWord attachment to: Jobopenings.Nigeria@actionaid.org Only Electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded. Subject line of emails must state clearly the title of position applied and location for e.g. IASL Coordinator - Abuja.
Click here to download the Application Form (MSWord)
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview date will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.