If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job ID: 17833
- The Research Officer will work closely with the HQ study manager and principal investigator and will be responsible for supporting study management, supervision and implementation of all technical and financial activities for the study within Nigeria.
- The Research Officer will ensure that all deliverables are being met on time and with quality, and will perform all the responsibilities and duties related to supporting collaboration with stakeholders and creating linkages with local partners, and, relevant ministries, local government and private agencies.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Provides support to study leadership and management for the Youth Power Action adolescents living with HIV (ALHIV) research study in Nigeria by supporting study team administratively and technically to provide high quality deliverables;
- Ensures timely study implementation, and monitors project activities against work plans.
- Serves as the liaison with government officials, local communities, and other organizations in Nigeria;
- Coordinates local ethics committee review for research study;
- Tracks partner and sub-contractor performance against project timelines, budget, objectives, and deliverables;
- Facilitates communication by answering partner inquiries.
- Works with Study Manager and other study staff and assists with developing budgets, managing sub-contracts, project materials, and information;
- Collects, compiles and analyzes information relevant to the project;
- May provide administrative support to programs as needed by writing, reviewing, and translating reports;
- Contributes to the development of reports, briefing papers, and presentations as necessary;
- Supervises and mentors staff and provides training on systems, policies, and regulations;
- Travels within Nigeria as needed to develop, coordinate, monitor and/or participate in activities;
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
- M.Sc or equivalent in Public Health, Social Sciences, Management, or Public Administration and a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience with at least 5years in international development programs preferably in HIV/AIDS prevention and care program or adolescent health;
- Experience in HIV, or other public health, research implementation and management;
- Has completed and maintains current certification in research ethics training;
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization that receives United States Government funding (e.g. USAID funding); international project or research management preferred;
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff;
- Strong program and financial management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a collaborative environment and as part of a team with international partners;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Competent in Microsoft Office package, particularly MS Word, Excel and Power Point;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to fhi 360 career website on jobs-fhi360.icims.com to apply