If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
CBM is an international Christian development organization, committed improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world.
CBM works in partnership with local civil society organisations, communities, government and in alliance with international organizations in Africa and the rest of the world.
CBM is committed to providing equality of access to employment, advancement and retention in the Organization, recognizing that it is in the Organization’s interest to recruit and maintain a diverse and skilled workforce that is representative of the diverse nature of society, which includes persons with disabilities.
CBM's Country Office, Abuja, is now inviting applications for the position of:
Contract: 2 years (with possibility of extension), beginning January 2017
- To keep financial records of CBM Nigeria country office (CO), in line with C8M financial regulation and international standards.
- The accountant will report directly to the Financial and Administration Manager.
- To keep all accounting records on daily basis and in chronological manner by inputting all transactions in an accounting software used
- To check the accuracy of all payment vouchers raised by the cashier
- Check receipts submitted by the cashier and work on cash sums reconciliation on a weekly basis
- Close account every month and prepare a monthly budget monitoring to management for decision making
- Collect bank statements and prepare monthly bank reconciliation
- Ensure that the accounting procedures and verifications, and filing systems are in place
- Fill payment vouchers in and write down related cheques for different payments
- Prepare required financial documentation for both internal (periodic) and external (annual) audits
- Send reminders to personnel and other accounting users regarding recoverable expenses
- Supervise the up-to-date office inventory lists of fixed assets, especially equipment and furniture
- Prepare a monthly report for anti-money laundering regulator body in Nigeria SCUM
- Support the CO’s procurement process
- Participate in financial monitoring of implementing partners’ projects
- Participate in partner capacity assessments
- Prepare staff salaries and proceed to payment
- Investigate prevailing foreign currencies’ bank rates, and apply to accounts as necessary
- Ensure timely payment of office utility bills
- Undertake any other assignments related to the position as requested
- Contribute to the development of individual annual key performance objectives
- Develop individual annual work plan
- Monthly report of activities to the line manager
- Participate in individual annual appraisal
- BSc/HND in Accounting, Finance, and Business Administration.
- Two to six years of progressively responsible experience in public, private and Ngo accounting.
- Good working knowledge of accounting, financial analysis, budgeting procedures and cash/bank reconciliation.
- Excellent skills in the use of Microsoft Office programs, like Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent skills in any accounting software package such as Peachtree, QuickBooks, Daceasy etc. is required.
- Excellent analytical skill and sound judgment is required. The applicant must be able to carry out all assigned duties with minimum supervision.
- Must be person of dignity, trust worthy, and highly confidential in professional manner.
- It is essential that the candidate address the required qualifications above in the application. All applicants MUST produce specific and comprehensive information supporting each one of the following criterion orthe application will not be considered.
- Only successful applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be notified of their access to the next step of the selection process which consists of:
- An oral interview checking the original certificates submitted in copy during the initial application, and testing professional and personal capacities, which, if successful, grants access to:
- A written test on computer skills
- All candidates orally interviewed will receive feedback of the result of their application
Method of Application
Applicants with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit, in English via email, a meaningful letter of motivation, a CV, copies of diplomas, three professional references and salary expectations quoted in Nigeria Naira to "Human Resource Unit" at: email@example.com