Supply Chain Vacancy at Universal Careers
Posted on: 8 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Universal Careers
Universal Careers is a Human Resource agency founded to help exceptional candidates and international clients who are interested in living and working in the biggest economy in Africa - Nigeria.
Good clients and excellent candidates go hand in hand and the mix of the two is absolutely essential for success, it is all about people.
The Supply Chain Officer will report directly to the Head of Supply Chain and is primarily concerned with ensuring that the day to day supply chain activities are efficient. He will Schedule the supply of materials/components to meet production requirements and minimum safety stock levels by ensuring adequate raw material forecast, warehousing, and transportation. His duty is and will include planning, reporting, processing and clearing imported goods.
He will act and make decisions maintaining high integrity all through the course of his duty.
- Schedule the supply of materials/components to meet production requirements and minimum safety stock levels
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate processes for material delivery from supplier to point of fit
- Assess volume requirements against planning assumptions
- Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Select transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
- Diagram supply chain models to help facilitate discussions with customers.
- Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
- Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials.
- Day-to-day order management and management of deliveries
- Understand and manage risks to minimise impact on production schedule
- Take follow up actions in relation to material shortages that affect production
- Implement all processes to agreed standards and targets and support continuous improvement initiatives and identify areas of improvement
- Utilise any Material Requirements Planning system (MRP) or IT system that is in place and ensure that data is accurate and up to date and resolve any issues as required
- Monitor inventory levels against agreed target levels
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to forecast, plan and facilitate on-time materials to the production line as and when required, avoiding disruption to production
- Generate and communicate supplier material delivery schedules and forecasts to ensure they reflect requirements and meet demands
- Develop and maintain good relationships with suppliers and ensure demand for materials is met and deliveries made on time
- Develop and implement processes and work with suppliers on continuous improvement initiatives
- Support assessment and sourcing of suppliers in conjunction with members of the purchasing team
- Support supplier meetings and negotiations to ensure demand for materials is met
- Resolve supplier concerns and evaluate supplier performance in conjunction with members of the purchasing team
- Requires a Bachelor's degree social sciences or any related course
- At least 3 year relevant work experience in FMCG industry or related companies.
- Good communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the costs, production, manufacture and customer order fulfillment
- Results orientated and organized with the ability to plan and deliver against deadlines
- Strong analytical, project management, planning and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Strong network for clearing of imported goods.
- Good organizational skills – able to keep sounds records & issue clear reports
- Good Microsoft Excel skills – able to records on computer
- Attention to detail – needs to keep accurate records and maintain systems
- Ability to analyse data – quickly convert raw inventory data in orders needed
- Good people skills – able to explain issues and justify courses of action proposed clearly
- Integrity in words actions – reliable, honest and always seen as trustworthy
Must have knowledge:
- MRP (Material Replenishment Planning) – interpreting long term sales forecasts and current raw material and stock levels to manage ordering process/stock levels
- ERP Computer Systems (eg SAP, SAGE, Tally, 3D or other) – maintaining records and using info stored on a computer system as an advanced user (ie not IT systems expert)
Junior Management role
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Universal Careers career website on recruit.zohopublic.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Universal CareersSimilar Jobs
- Finance and Accounting Officer at H.C. Bonum
- School Nurse at Teclab Management Services Limited
- Strategy and Content Development Specialists at Apata & Ascott Limited
- Job Openings at BlueSteel Resources
- Graduate Marketers, E-commerce at Simeon's Pivot Resources
- Job Vacancy at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
- Project Executives at Petros Management Consulting Limited
- Female Marketer and Communication Executives at Leadhire limited