Building Services Engineer at Arbico Plc
Posted on: 8 November, 2016
Deadline: 21 November, 2016
View Jobs in Building / Construction
View All Jobs at Arbico Plc
Arbico Plc is a full service, building and civil engineering contracting company. It was established in 1958 and has been quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange since 1978. The company has become one of the foremost building construction companies in Nigeria with presence across the geopolitical zones of the country.
Description of Position
- You will be in charge of the design, or the development of the design, the installation and the maintenance of the services needed in order to allow the project building to meet the purposes of its design. These services mainly include:
- The electrical services. The mechanical services. The plumbing services.
- You will also have to give expertise and advice on existing or already designed systems and to propose alternatives and options.
- Completion stage until the hand-over.You will have to work on a various range of new and older projects and buildings.
- Your intervention will be asked on Design stage as well as on Site
- Your responsibility will also include the choice the appropriate components and materials. In so you will closely liaise with the Data & Cost Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities for the Position
- Undertaking services and technical studies including site investigations.
- Analyse, calculate and designing the layout of energy distribution, water pipes and ventilation systems.
- Consider various systems and components and to carry out tests on systems and making changes to designs and plans where necessary
- Monitor the installation of services and manage their maintenance once the building is completed
- Make sure that all building services meet health and safety requirements and environmental legislation.
- Commissioning, organising and assessing the work on site.
- Examine systems at risk of failure and advising how to improve their functioning integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective parts or rebuilding the entire structure.
- Making sure the project complies with legal requirements.
- Resolving design and development problems.
- Liaise with other team members as well as with external consultants to agree on any changes and updates in the project documents.
- Liaise with other departments of the company to smooth the project processes.
- Liaise with Data & Cost manager to schedule material and equipment purchases and deliveries. Compiling job specifications and supervising tendering procedures.
- Be a force of proposal within the project and the team, undertaking research and keeping up with the latest building regulations.
- Preparing presentations, reports and structural drawings.
- Use computers and Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Building Modelling Information (BIM) technology for simulation purposes and to ensure the effective coordination of the data.
- Minimum of 2nd Class Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Master's Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Membership of relevant professional body
- Minimum of 5 years consulting industry experience
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think methodically, to design, plan and manage projects.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of construction methods and legal regulations.
- Above-average use of Microsoft suite (Word and Excel).
- Advanced IT skills including extensive knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAd and Autodesk REVIT.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Commercial awareness.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send soft copy of their CV's to email@example.com quoting the job title as subject of their email.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Arbico PlcSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Efficacy Construction Company
- Interior Design Facilitator (Architect) at DecorhubNG.com
- Commercial Construction & Flooring Estimator at Unico Flooring Distributors, Inc.
- Furniture Design and Technology Training at Aframero Limited
- Jobs at Jenniez School of African Interior Design
- Business Manager at a Facility Management Company - Beacongate Limited